Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 15,266 times

Advertisements

Hello, dummy here,

I have a summer house in the Santa Fe National Forest on 103. 103 connects to 126 about halfway between Cuba and Jemez Springs and my house is about halfway between 103 at 126 and Coyote (Wetherill Estates). Standing by certain pine trees etc., I can get cell phone contact with Verizon. Verizon (the Cadillac of cell phones) has the best coverage but it is very expensive and they have lots of insidious little (legal) ways of cheating you. Their terms and agreements are, at least as deceptive as any credit card crap and if you close your account (even after expiration), you will discover lots of charges tacked on that you’ve never seen before.

I want to be rid of Verizon forever. So now I’m looking for a cell phone that I can get out with at my house. Does anyone know of one that will work in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times
I'm not sure. I can ask my uncle who is from Gallina up near there.

Your best bets are either going to be AT&T and TMobile. They have been around the longest. Honestly though, Verizon has the most extensive coverage in the state.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:54 PM

186 posts, read 639,755 times
hmmm...I have T-Mobile. The service from Cuba to San Ysidro (US 550) is pretty spotty. You get service in spots, but nothing continuous.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,266 times
Default Cell tower in Gallina area

I live in the Llaves area and have been calling Verizon to have them reinstall the repeater that they put up last year for the Diego fire. I was told the more people that call in and request service in the Gallina area the better chance of getting it put back up. It would allow other cell companys to use for their service as well. So people with AT&T, Sprint, T-Moble would benefit also. PLEASE everyone call Verizon and insist on getting service in our area reinstated . Remember it was the repeater for the Diego fire in the Gallina area. Please help me get cell service in our area.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:11 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,523,939 times
We are about to move to a place with bad reception -- there is acompany named We Boost that sells cell phone extenders . The reviews are mostly but not totally good.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:53 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,404,388 times
New Mexico is the land of enchantment not the land of good cell coverage! That's part of the charm to me, work can't reach me at times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico