Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Both. Many people even commute between the cities. There is a convenient high speed highway and passenger rail between the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 08:36 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Do both! You got a whole week here so no reason why you shouldn't. You could probably even squeeze in a day in Taos (most beautiful town in NM in my opinion) into your itinerary. Be sure to stop at the galleries (over 100 art galleries) on Canyon Road in Santa Fe. Also Nob Hill in Albuquerque. Eat New Mexican food to your hearts content.

Also one of my favorite things to do in NM are the Hot Springs. Check out Ojo Caliente just north of Santa Fe...http://ojospa.com/index.php?gclid=CN...FaMaQgodIEHnCQ

Old 07-14-2012, 10:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
We are planning a trip in November to New Mexico and was wondering which place is the best to visit.....Albuquerque OR Santa Fe?
Thanks for all comments and advice!
That's a tough question because they're both worth checking out. And of course Taos, and some of the national forest area in that area north of Santa Fe and Albuquerque is some of the most fabulous scenery you could ever see.

It depends a lot on what you're looking for.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:49 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,171,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
We are planning a trip in November to New Mexico and was wondering which place is the best to visit.....Albuquerque OR Santa Fe?
Thanks for all comments and advice!
There's no reason you can't do both, maybe 4 in ABQ and 3 in Santa Fe, with perhaps one of those Santa Fe days being a day trip to Taos.

In ABQ, be sure to do the Sandia Tramway which takes you to the top of the Sandia Mountains and offers phenomenal view of the entire area

Sandia Peak Ski & Tramway - Sandia Peak Tramway

Even though I live in Texas, I have to say that New Mexican cuisine blows Tex-Mex out of the water and, even though it's touristy, I like the Native American cuisine here at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center's restaurant
Indian Pueblos Marketing, Inc.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:15 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,343,307 times
Santa Fe is my vote. While there drive to Chama up north of Santa Fe and take the train. Although, I think it closes up in Oct. Been to ABQ and Santa Fe, Santa Fe is by far my vote.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,983,153 times
Great posts - thank you (even though I wasn't the original poster)...we are going to Santa Fe by way of Albuquerque for a long weekend in November. It has been almost 20 years since last there, so we're excited!

What are the best New Mexican cuisine restaurants in Santa Fe? (We're from Texas and have plenty of Tex-Mex, so we want to eat locally!)

Thanks!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
We did not take the Tram the last time we visited but it is a must do for the next visit.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM

49 posts, read 106,088 times
There is also a paved road that goes up to Sandia Peak on the eastern side.
The strange-but-nice little Tinkertown Museum is at the base of this road.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:17 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooCeleste View Post
Great posts - thank you (even though I wasn't the original poster)...we are going to Santa Fe by way of Albuquerque for a long weekend in November. It has been almost 20 years since last there, so we're excited!

What are the best New Mexican cuisine restaurants in Santa Fe? (We're from Texas and have plenty of Tex-Mex, so we want to eat locally!)

Thanks!
Maria's and Tomasita's are well-known for New Mexican food in SF. I prefer Maria's, but perhaps someone local to SF can give you more detailed recommendations and advice on that.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM

49 posts, read 106,088 times
I like LOS AMIGOS on Rodeo Road for New Mexican Food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico