U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM

5 posts, read 5,820 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Artesia NM the end of September, first of October. According to every website I can find, the opportunties to rent in Artesia are almost non-existant. We are looking for a 2000+ sq ft home in Artesia. I will contact a realtor later today. Please do not recommend a different city, since I want my daughter to go to school in Artesia, thus needing to live in the district.
Can anyone recommend a realtor or someone with a house for rent that is in a good location in this city?
Thanks !!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 06:20 PM

13,175 posts, read 12,200,074 times
I looked at the Artesia Chamber of Commerce web site a bit ago and note one company that deals with rentals. It's Carson Real Estate Co., phone number 575-748-1311. I look at realtor.com at times to check out real estate figures. Century 21 and Lois Oliver Real Estate Co. have a lot of houses for sale as well as Carson.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 PM

2,582 posts, read 2,522,416 times
I did a quick search on "artesia nm rentals" and found quite a few references to active listings.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 AM

591 posts, read 1,693,032 times
The rental market down in this area is HOT! I worked with 3 property management companies for 3 weeks to find a place to live in Roswell and never did find something with any of them. I found my rental in the local newspaper and am very content with it.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM

5 posts, read 5,820 times
Carson did not have anything available as of this week. They told me the problem is the Federal Law Enforcement Academy has everything locked up for their students/officers and that the locals know this is easy money since the renters are usually good people and are only in town for a time to complete the course, so they can rent out a home for $2300+ / month and get it back in good shape, but these homes are dedicated only to the academy. No one else can rent here. Realtor.com does not have anything either.
I am looking for an 3/2 unfurnished home. Anyone from Artesia help?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:29 PM

2,804 posts, read 4,337,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmike065 View Post
Carson did not have anything available as of this week. They told me the problem is the Federal Law Enforcement Academy has everything locked up for their students/officers and that the locals know this is easy money since the renters are usually good people and are only in town for a time to complete the course, so they can rent out a home for $2300+ / month and get it back in good shape, but these homes are dedicated only to the academy. No one else can rent here. Realtor.com does not have anything either.
I am looking for an 3/2 unfurnished home. Anyone from Artesia help?
That's a pickle.

Best advice I can come up with is to look at RIAC and live with the 45min commute, if you're in a time crunch and have to find something NOW.

If you've got wealth or credit, may be easier and/or smarter to invest in an RV or travel trailer and live out of that.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:07 AM

26 posts, read 13,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
That's a pickle.

Best advice I can come up with is to look at RIAC and live with the 45min commute, if you're in a time crunch and have to find something NOW.

If you've got wealth or credit, may be easier and/or smarter to invest in an RV or travel trailer and live out of that.
RIAC=Roswell Industrial Air Center.....I would not move there....the houses are in the most worst condition in town and its not the greatest area to live in......it is possible to find a rental west of Roswell on the outskirts of town....which has access to the Truck Route which would lead you to Artesia in the quickest way possible....

Old 09-20-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffeyjoe View Post
RIAC=Roswell Industrial Air Center.....I would not move there....the houses are in the most worst condition in town and its not the greatest area to live in......
The original poster did say he was desperate, and on a budget. Given that there are areas of town where the roof is literally collapsing on the houses available, and these 1950's-era blockhouses don't tend to do that (they don't rent out the ones that are boarded up and have been stripped of wire and pipe), your statement doesn't hold up. All of Roswell is not the greatest area to live in, but the OP wants to work in Artesia, which has no rentals, so..

Quote:
it is possible to find a rental west of Roswell on the outskirts of town....which has access to the Truck Route which would lead you to Artesia in the quickest way possible....
The truck route is hardly quicker than no truck route (particularly with the lights at W. 2nd and S. Main).

Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 AM

26 posts, read 13,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
The original poster did say he was desperate, and on a budget. Given that there are areas of town where the roof is literally collapsing on the houses available, and these 1950's-era blockhouses don't tend to do that (they don't rent out the ones that are boarded up and have been stripped of wire and pipe), your statement doesn't hold up. All of Roswell is not the greatest area to live in, but the OP wants to work in Artesia, which has no rentals, so..

The truck route is hardly quicker than no truck route (particularly with the lights at W. 2nd and S. Main).
he should consider Dexter or Hagerman...but he wants Artesia schools..as for living West of Roswell in the outskirts of town....the only route you would take is the truck route.....therefore making it the quickest way possible from WEST OF ROSWELL in the outskirts....

I think he mentioned in another thread that he wasnt wanting Roswell at all....but anyways

better yet he can check for rentals out in the Southern outskirts of Roswell.....

Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffeyjoe View Post

better yet he can check for rentals out in the Southern outskirts of Roswell.....
Southern outskirts pretty much = RIAC, which is why I suggested it. (Not all parts of the RIAC are like Detroit; some are actually quite decent for Roswell).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico