U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 12:44 PM

316 posts, read 158,289 times

Advertisements

Looking mighty tasty Poncho. Bet that would go well with these muffins:

Hatch Green Chile Muffins
Ingredients
• 1/2 lb Bacon
• 2 cup Flour
• 1/4 cup Sugar
• 1 tbsp Baking powder
• Vegetable oil
• 1 Egg; beaten
• 3/4 cup Milk
• 1-1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1/4 -(up to) 1/2 cup Green chile; roasted, peeled, seeded, diced
Crunchy Bacon and Green Chile Muffins Preparation
In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy; drain, reserve the drippings. Crumble the bacon; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Make a well in the center. Measure the drippings, add vegetable oil, if necessary to measure 1/3 cup. Combine the drippings with the egg and milk. Add to the flour mixture and stir until moist. Batter will be lumpy. Carefully fold in the bacon, cheese and green chile. Use the amount of green chile to your taste. Grease muffin tins and fill about 3/4 full. Bake in a 400 deg oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

24,346 posts, read 17,950,766 times
we can even get hatch chile on the east coast at select locations in august. it's not cheap, however.

Hatch Chile Finder - iHatch Chile

Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

612 posts, read 866,143 times
During the fall, fresh (sort of) Hatch chiles can be found at both Fred Meyer and Safeway here in Interior Alaska for (if I remember correctly!) $1.99 each/per pepper. The diced canned variety can be found on the shelf year round.

Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM

24,471 posts, read 39,601,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Bill View Post
Looking mighty tasty Poncho. Bet that would go well with these muffins:

Hatch Green Chile Muffins
Ingredients
1/2 lb Bacon
2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Baking powder
Vegetable oil
1 Egg; beaten
3/4 cup Milk
1-1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 -(up to) 1/2 cup Green chile; roasted, peeled, seeded, diced
Crunchy Bacon and Green Chile Muffins Preparation
In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy; drain, reserve the drippings. Crumble the bacon; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Make a well in the center. Measure the drippings, add vegetable oil, if necessary to measure 1/3 cup. Combine the drippings with the egg and milk. Add to the flour mixture and stir until moist. Batter will be lumpy. Carefully fold in the bacon, cheese and green chile. Use the amount of green chile to your taste. Grease muffin tins and fill about 3/4 full. Bake in a 400 deg oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Will have to try that recipe...

Have been shoveling snow and not going anywhere the last few days.....

Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

1,008 posts, read 1,773,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Have been shoveling snow and not going anywhere the last few days.....
I look at the snow shoveling as a great way to balance the excess calories I consumed last week.

Old Today, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjoyak View Post
I look at the snow shoveling as a great way to balance the excess calories I consumed last week.
Got it all shoveled!

Makes me wonder why I left Miami, Hollywood, Davie, Ft Lauderdale, Homestead, Cooper City, etc...

Old Today, 01:21 PM

8,005 posts, read 16,935,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Got it all shoveled!

Makes me wonder why I left Miami, Hollywood, Davie, Ft Lauderdale, Homestead, Cooper City, etc...
Come down here to Cruces. Only 240 miles south, all the wonderful chile and no snow shoveling to speak of!

Old Today, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Come down here to Cruces. Only 240 miles south, all the wonderful chile and no snow shoveling to speak of!
We have considered a move. This is the longest we have ever been in one place. But we have accumulated some relatives near us...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or