U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,885 times

Advertisements

Currently living in San Jose, CA, looking to move back to NM in a few years. My wife works in medical records and I'm trying to start new career in sales and marketing. We lived in Farmington for about 5 years, but moved to CA to go back to college. Looking at either Farmington area (Bloomfield, Aztec, Durango) or Albuquerque. We are looking somewhere we can possibly rent house or similar for a reasonable price and in a descent neighborhood (we have a child now), the only thing we can afford out here is large complex apartments which leave a lot to be desired. Thanks for any and all help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 AM

5,496 posts, read 5,153,156 times
You might consider Alamogordo or Las Cruces, NM. I love southern New Mexico. Alamo has the desert SW's first zoo-opened in 1898. We had been here for 6 months before we finally saw it. The monkeys were adorable. One has a pompador hairdo. When they were done staring at us the baby monkey got on the Momma monkey's back and they lept away. The cougar was absolutely regal looking. We have a 200-lb. Gallapego turtle and an owl that comes out and stares at you right by the fence. Never seen anything like it!

Old 09-24-2013, 08:00 AM

2 posts, read 9,632 times
I was born and raised in Aztec, and we moved back here in late 2009. One of the things my family loves about being in the four corners area is the regional outdoor activities we can enjoy year round. We have two small kids and there are endless things for us to do. Renting in Farmington can be pretty expensive. You'll rent a small 3bed 2bath for about $1,000 a month or slightly more, depending on where it is. Hope this helps.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:26 AM

179 posts, read 159,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotmandune View Post
Currently living in San Jose, CA, looking to move back to NM in a few years. My wife works in medical records and I'm trying to start new career in sales and marketing. We lived in Farmington for about 5 years, but moved to CA to go back to college. Looking at either Farmington area (Bloomfield, Aztec, Durango) or Albuquerque. We are looking somewhere we can possibly rent house or similar for a reasonable price and in a descent neighborhood (we have a child now), the only thing we can afford out here is large complex apartments which leave a lot to be desired. Thanks for any and all help.
Well for me if the town has a "Target" that's a plus. You've been here before...but I'd get an update on the water issues. I just finished VB Price's wonderful expose ("The Orphaned Land") on water and related pollution largely from the Labs and mining (Farmington and the Navajo Res.) and it looks like New Mexico's discovery by MANY has stressed out the water needs. Crime and law enforcement also appeared to be stressed out and/or corrupted also (I lived in Albuquerque when that camper was shot in the back 2-3 yrs ago by the APD). I left soon after that. Your post is old so you may already have moved...but any update on what I've written would be interesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico