Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:56 AM

710 posts, read 2,962,262 times

Advertisements

Check out Alegria in Bernalillo. I drove by there the other day and wow what a beautiful development!!!!!!!! There are several other active communities in and around the Albuquerque Metro area. In fact Del Webb (know for beautiful retirement communities in Phoenix area) will soon announce two major active adult communities in the ABQ Metro.

http://www.alegriacentex.com/location.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 10:35 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Las Cruces is booming right now. Real estate prices are climbing. It might still be affordable, depending on how much of a down payment you've got.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:32 PM

702 posts, read 3,152,299 times
Default Is it in pine country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
Check out Alegria in Bernalillo. I drove by there the other day and wow what a beautiful development!!!!!!!! There are several other active communities in and around the Albuquerque Metro area. In fact Del Webb (know for beautiful retirement communities in Phoenix area) will soon announce two major active adult communities in the ABQ Metro.

http://www.alegriacentex.com/location.html (broken link)

I am looking for a place in the "Pines." Would Bernalillo qualify? azloafer

Old 09-22-2006, 12:53 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,965 times
Bernalillo has alot of old cottonwoods and great views of the Sandias. Not many pines.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:21 PM

827 posts, read 5,079,979 times
A place in the pines would be Chama, Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, Los Alamos, Red River, Angel Fire, Silver City (north of Silver City has the pines) and Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Pagosa Springs is just across the NM border. Red River, Chama, Angel Fire are cold and snowy in the winter. I think Silver City, Cloudcroft, Pagosa Springs and Los Alamos are the better small cities to live. Red River and Angel Fire are very pretty areas but hard to actually live there year round.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:31 PM

Thumbs up Update On Silver City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
I know Anita will probably know this as she lives in Silver City but until then, you might check out silvercity.org a free site for Silver City Info.

UPDATE: We just got back from our, unfortunately short, Silver City, NM fact finding trip. We stayed at the Bear Creek Cabins 7 ½ miles outside of Silver City on Pinos Altos. Great place to stay. The cabins are located at 7,000 Ft. It was 95 when we left Green Valley, AZ and 77 at the cabins. It was 80 in Silver City which is about 6,000 Ft. We saw some nice land available at $80,000 for ten acre parcels. We particularly concentrated on some land about halfway between SC and PA. It is a beautiful area and heavily wooded. All the houses are nice custom looking on acreage. For those that know the area, it was off of…wait a minute…I’m not giving that information up until I put some money down!!! This section really impressed us and it will be discovered soon, just as the posts have indicated. We have concluded that nice land is so much less expensive in the Silver City area, compared to Arizona, that it is almost unbelievable. We were told, by a local realtor, that the cost to build a new house runs from $125 to $150 a square foot.

Silver City compared to Green Valley, AZ: Green Valley has a population of about 26,000 and Silver City has a population of about 10,500. Silver City has numerous medical clinics and its own 140 bed hospital! Green Valley has no hospital at this time. Silver City has about three times the business places and restaurants that Green Valley has! We attempted to eat at the Buckhorn Saloon, located ¼ mile from the cabins, but couldn’t even get reservations due to its popularity. The highest gas price we saw was $2.49 in Silver City, while gas was $2.79 in Green Valley. Can’t figure that one out! The posters who mentioned that reservations are needed for lodging in the Silver City area are absolutely correct! If you want to eat at the famous Buckhorn Saloon, make reservations days ahead. We learned that people travel from Tucson just to eat there.

We are going back up to Silver City in December. We would like to check out Ruidoso on some future trip. We have heard good things about that area also. I promised to report back and there it is!
p.s. If there is pollution in this area, we did not see it. The air was crisp and fresh and sure smelled good. My allergies, which have been especially bad this year, seemed to be better after just two days there. Thanks to all who have alerted us to this special place.

NOW…we had better quit talking about this area so that it remains a secret.

Last edited by azloafer; 10-02-2006 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 10-02-2006, 08:02 PM

Thumbs up Yes, Silver City has one...

Yes, Silver City even has a Super Walmart!

Old 10-02-2006, 08:11 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,965 times
Congrats, I'm glad you guys enjoyed Silver and NM. It sounds like you all might wanna move to nm :lol:.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:11 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,262 times
I am glad you enjoyed your trip as well az_loafer. Ruidoso is a truly special place as well, probably more in line with AZ as far as $$$ go. I am glad to hear a neighbor to the west of NM speak so highly of our wonderful state!!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 12:31 AM

827 posts, read 5,079,979 times
Thanks Azloafer for your wonderful post! I also know how great Silver City is and I especially love up near Pinos Altos too and that area is where I'd live if I lived in SC. I thought the air was pure and clear too, when I was there. I think up in the pines really helps clear the air as well. Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico