Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 AM

23 posts, read 112,241 times

Advertisements

My wife and I moved to Roswell in July of last year. We live next to a good sized park, its warm here most of the year. You can get to Ruidoso and mountains quickly. We are set to get major air service in the next few months. check it out...88201
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 01:21 PM

39 posts, read 269,245 times
Hillsboro, Alamogordo,Silver City, Las Cruces yes. Santa Fe is not the same as it used to be. Muy diferente y quieren mucho dinero por un pocito seccion de tierra. Albuquerque, Placitas, Algodones area are quickly becoming overpriced if not so already, lots of $ for not so much. Look for somewhere with good water, not too deep for well drilling and where the well won't dry up. Clayton is cold but Northern New Mexico is beautiful in the summertime. If 30 to 40 miles is close in your book, lots of choices in addition to North 14. Tijeras Canyon in the winter after a snow has convinced some that used to live out there that there is not exactly where they want to be. You should take 1 or 2 months and tour the state, it's a great place, very diverse and you'll see it all for yourselves. Enjoy!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 8,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
p/s.... Did I forget to tell you just bought 5 acres 5 miles out of town. beutiful Florida mountin views,for retairement/invedtment.cornor lot and 34.oo per year taxs1 mile off hwy.11.
Hi Tomcat, we are in the process of buying a house there also. Its about 10 or 12 miles south of Deming, and a couple miles off Hwy 11. Maybe we'll be neighbors??

Old 04-28-2007, 08:11 PM

271 posts, read 1,125,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoometoo View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum. I would like to retire in New Mexico. I don't know what city but I am looking for a city which has a mild climate similar to Southern CA where I live. A little rain is fine. I am not concern about the cost but that it is a safe place with good recreation and medical facility. I love to run and bicycle.

If you have a place in mind for me to check out, could you also give me the zip code so I can go to realtor.com for housing.
I personally chose Las Cruces to retire, the weather is similar to Southern California but dryer. I consider Taos and Santa Fe tourist towns and rather cold in Winter. Moderator cut: realtor advertising
Good luck.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 PM

16 posts, read 68,859 times
Default Retiring

My husband and I considered moving out of California to an affordable retirement community but we got lucky and were able to move to one of the most desrable and expensive beach communities in Southern Calif. The city is San Clemente and anyone familiar with California knows we have some of the best climate year-round. Our development is a mile from the ocean and we enjoy ocean and golf course views with Shorecliffs Golf Course weaving through our development. Homes average about 1400sq.ft. and sell for about $325K - $475k. We're close to good doctors and hospitals, fine malls, restaurants, schools, cultural events, amusement parks, boating, fishing and the list goes on. Is there a catch? For some people yes; for those of us who have found this place we say we live in the best place in all of California. The development is Shorecliffs Terrace and it's a resident-owned mobile home park. We have a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, club house where we have monthly pancake breakfasts, pot lucks and entertainment, workout room, billiards room,etc. For all of this we pay low association dues of $192/mo. and we never have to worry about rent increases.
Moderator cut: realtor advertising

Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 AM

271 posts, read 1,125,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tito View Post
I personally chose Las Cruces to retire, the weather is similar to Southern California but dryer. I consider Taos and Santa Fe tourist towns and rather cold in Winter. Moderator cut: realtor advertising
Good luck.
Is it OK to advertise restaurants? I see a lot of that in the forum. A poster by "MARJ" of March 2007 advertises her own Real Estate agency in Southern California. I wonder if I'm beeing singled out.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:25 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,140 times
We toured the state one year and found Alamogordo our favorite place to go. We bought a home there and love it. Why? The mountains are withing 1/2 hr, El Paso, and Las Cruces are 1 hr away, and we have made so many friends here. It is also fun to take friends out to the White Sands to go sleding in the summer. Our grandchildren love it. I would suggest taking a road trip before you decide to settle on one area.
Good luck in your search.
Jane

Old 05-06-2007, 01:55 PM

8 posts, read 28,859 times
We Bought A Home In Corrales Last October. Loved The Area And The Hospital Is About 8 Minutes Away. We Now Live In Northern California After Living In Southern California For 20 Years. ( Mission Viejo). I Like Marin County Much More But It Is Very Expensive Here And I Can't Wait Till We Retire To Corrales In 2 Or 3 Years. Check It Out. Christine

Old 05-10-2007, 12:43 PM

178 posts, read 801,186 times
I've lived in southern NM and have been to so Cal. They have a lovely mild climate; we do not. From May to almost October , it is beastly hot. Scorching, burn your flesh off hot, though it does cool off at night. Due to the higher elevation in Alamogordo, it cools off more at night than in Las Cruces and other lower areas. Very little rain here- rain is an eagerly awaited event !

Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 27,620 times
Default retirement communities in new mexico

what does anyone think about the retirement communities in los lunas and around sante fe?? we live in las vegas now and are sick of the heat. does it snow much in that area?? i`m sure the homes are somewhat cheaper
thanks for the input::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico