U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 09:20 AM

48 posts, read 143,921 times
Default Deming new mexico land

I have been looking for retirement land in the Deming area.Have come accross a five acre plot five miles south of Deming off hwy 11 just below 490 monti vista road. and east toward florida mountins. Lot fo dirt roads here/power appro.3/8 mile away.easterly mountin view beautiful from pictures. can anyone give me some insite on this area. realestate says area is highly desirable I hope for long term appreciation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 02:45 AM

828 posts, read 3,449,575 times
Tomcat, my personal opinion is be sure you actually see the property and have it inspected by a professional BEFORE you buy! Dirt roads in NM can mean rivers when it rains and ugh! the mess it causes! They can wash out too. Does it have electric access? If not, run! It costs more than you can even imagine to bring it to you. Ask the electric company how much and you just might scream! Maybe you are a hardy soul and don't need it, but to turn it over, most people want electricity. Does it have good water? So many questions. I'd take it with a grain of salt any realtor who said it was "hot property". If I had a dime for every time I have heard that one, I'd be a billionaire. Seriously really investigate it. It might turn out to be to your advantage, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:31 PM

48 posts, read 143,921 times
Default Deming New mexico property

Thanks Crackerjack for your information,and valued knowalge of the area.I will check out property in the near future,and very closely.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:53 AM

828 posts, read 3,449,575 times
You are welcome Tomcat. Good Luck on your trip and search!

Old 11-02-2006, 03:43 PM

14 posts, read 28,574 times
Tomcat, Did you buy one of the ranchettes. What is the unit, block and lot numbers. I know most of them. The closer you get to the Florida mountains the more washes there are. Any questions just get back with me and maybe I can help.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 38,610 times
ucalljoe, did you build on the ranchette lot? I live in maryland and own 3 lots but heard you now need 4, one-half acre lots or 2 acres before you can drill a well........I have thought about moving out there but with just owning an acre and a half it doesn't seem like an option now........

Last edited by rick415; 11-03-2006 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 11-03-2006, 04:31 PM

Rick
Yes the county pass ordinance 37 stating you need to have 2 acres for a septic and well. There is a new election coming on Tues we are trying to run these commisioners out. The state code is 3/4 of an acre to put a well and septic on a piece of property. Some one brought up to me about a leechless
tank. This should solve problems with the county. A major ranchette owner from FL will have them in court to get the standards closer to state standards. I haven't built yet but am hanging onto my property. Do you know who owns the properties next to yours? I will be back in town Tues if you need to find the names of the owners next to you. What is your unit, block and lot numbers? I can stop at the county office and get you that info if you would like.

Joe

Old 11-03-2006, 04:43 PM

Crackerjack,

Yes some of the dirt roads do get washed out from time to time. But if you build on your property the county will com out and improve or grade the roads to your property. Yes you have to be careful not to buy an arroyo. But a lot of these ranchettes are great pieces of land with great views of the mountains. Be careful buying too close to the Floridas. The washes get deeper the closer you get. The area is hot. New subdivisions are being built close to town especially by the new schools.

Joe

Old 11-03-2006, 05:59 PM

7 posts, read 38,610 times
Joe, thanks for the offer to check on the owners around my lots.......howver, I've contacted those owners but have not gotten a response yet.......I'm in unit 63 and there's no developement there as far as I know........I talked to the power company and it would cost around $4000 to get electricity to my lots, which is a lot but not really that that bad considering how undeveloped the area is.........I'll hold onto the property for now and maybe take a ride out there next summer.........let me know if anything changes regarding the well issue, will you? thanks, Rick

Old 11-03-2006, 10:15 PM

23 posts, read 62,199 times
how much a well going to cost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico