Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 04:01 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,425 times

Advertisements

It's all good...gives us character and substance...huh DesertPeace?! We may rattle when we move and fail metal detection tests at airports but what would life be without a little comic relief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 04:03 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
SHEESH! Dracul, I thought I had more than my share of medical problems, but listening to your share, I feel downright lucky.

I've got some titanium too. It's holding my left arm together.

OKAY!! Sign me up for the "Oldies but Goodies Club."

Old 12-14-2007, 04:24 PM

99 posts, read 265,674 times
Wink Metal detectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
It's all good...gives us character and substance...huh DesertPeace?! We may rattle when we move and fail metal detection tests at airports but what would life be without a little comic relief
Yea, that was one of the biggest things I worried about, here in Providence, RI they are everywhere, even at some banks, post offices and office buldings.However I don't set them off, don't think titanium does, does it?And yes I'm not ashamed of my battle scars eitherJ

Old 12-14-2007, 04:26 PM

99 posts, read 265,674 times
Wink Titanium Club sub-charter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
SHEESH! Dracul, I thought I had more than my share of medical problems, but listening to your share, I feel downright lucky.

I've got some titanium too. It's holding my left arm together.

OKAY!! Sign me up for the "Oldies but Goodies Club."
towanda, you're in. Welcome, we are honored for your presence. But maby we should form a titanium sub-charter!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:40 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Desertpeace:
At 47, you're not old. I'm 48 and consider myself far from old. Old is 80 and 90.
You all need to visit the Health/Wellness forum on here and learn to get rid of ailments or at least reduce them.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:18 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Desertpeace:
At 47, you're not old. I'm 48 and consider myself far from old. Old is 80 and 90.
You all need to visit the Health/Wellness forum on here and learn to get rid of ailments or at least reduce them.
Can I sign up??? I don't have any scars or operations but you never know whats ahead. And Cheryl, 90 is not old, my aunts are that and above and they just keep on going. Wouldn't be surprised to see them show up at my door this winter. They would fit right in.
Jane

Old 12-14-2007, 09:48 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Young is all in the mind; old is in the knees.

Hey, watch it, I resemble that remark!

And city-data doesn't help any, labeling me a "senior" member

I did get my first "senior" discount this week - a local retail chain periodically runs "senior" day with an extra 15% off for anyone 50 and older But I had to show my license to prove I was 50, so I'm not too upset

Old 12-15-2007, 06:08 AM

1,566 posts, read 4,422,660 times
Songinthewind7,

I always thought "old" was 10 years beyond my present age.

I'm 48 and consider myself far from old. Old is 80 and 90.
You all need to visit the Health/Wellness forum on here and learn to get rid of ailments or at least reduce them.[/quote]

Old 12-15-2007, 07:13 AM

I think it's just a number also. Like Jane says, she doesn't have any aches and pains yet and neither do I but we never know what's down the road.
I just think that a person in there 40's is not even close.
That's great, Jane that your aunt is up there and still gets around. I don't like to put a number or label on anything but the reason I said 80 or 90 is because a lot of the older people I talk to here say that that is when they started to feel it.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Young is all in the mind; old is in the knees.

Hey, watch it, I resemble that remark!

And city-data doesn't help any, labeling me a "senior" member

I did get my first "senior" discount this week - a local retail chain periodically runs "senior" day with an extra 15% off for anyone 50 and older But I had to show my license to prove I was 50, so I'm not too upset
Hey Yukon,
Go into edit my profile and change senior member to whatever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico