Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 12:20 PM

8 posts, read 29,636 times

Advertisements

I used to live in this hole in the wall. Worst place I had ever been too and I have been half way around the world. Quite a few people are nice and very compassionate. A lot of drugs used to go around, guess because there was nothing else to do. [Mod Cut]
I passed through there a couple of years ago and they finally have a McDonalds and some other essentials.
I still would not want to move back there. Most young people leave to El Paso, Tucson, Phoenix or California. Only a few come back.
It is relative cheap to live there but work opportunities are scares.
For a while they had no DR in the Town and you had to drive to either Deming or Silver City. Going Shopping was the same story. Two grocery stores but they were rather expensive.

Last edited by ontheroad; 12-27-2007 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate comment for public forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,576 times
Default moving to lordsburg NM

What can you tell me?

Old 02-03-2008, 06:44 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,519,895 times
Well not to much. It is a small town of around 1,000 or so off I-10. Some Motels and Resteraunts and some Border Patrol stationed there as i think thats the most of it. There may be some people living there now do to Copper is Booming so the Copper Mines by Silver City may be hiring. I'd say your about 45 miles south from the Mogollon Mountains which are very nice.

Not sure what else to add........

Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM

253 posts, read 1,128,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contreras View Post
What can you tell me?
We pass through Lordsburg on our way to California, from what I can see from the freeway, its mostly chain motels, a truck stop or two and a number of gas stations. Its bigger than Deming (2X at least) and I think its about the same temperature there as Deming which is about 6-8 degrees cooler than Las Cruces in the summertime.

It would be about 2 - 2.5 hours to Tucson from Lordsburg. There is cattle ranching on the outskirts of town. The jobs to have would be law enforcement or auto repair.

Note to Californians: The least expensive gasoline in New Mexico is Pilot, followed by Diamond Shamrock. Along Interstate 10, the cleanest restrooms are at Chevron. The New Mexico State Police are their CHP and have a forgiveness factor of 5 mph over the posted speed limit. Californians are treated politely here in southern NM, so please return the favor and be nice to the locals.

~Cali-girl

Last edited by Cali-girl; 02-03-2008 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: punctuation!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:58 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,344,068 times
.... and I think a train makes stops there

more here:
Lordsburg: Weather and Much More from Answers.com

Old 02-07-2008, 10:06 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,773 posts, read 4,124,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-girl View Post
We pass through Lordsburg on our way to California, from what I can see from the freeway, its mostly chain motels, a truck stop or two and a number of gas stations. Its bigger than Deming (2X at least)

~Cali-girl
Lordsburg is *not* bigger than Deming... Deming is about 4 times bigger.
This is the problem with the internet... folks make statements without checking or knowing facts, and mislead other people.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:11 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,704,439 times
. . . While on the subject of mistatements, check any weather site and you will find on average Deming and Lordsburg are not 6-8 cooler than Las Cruces. They are at similar elevations and latitudes, and the weather is much the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico