Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 07:39 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,022,097 times

Advertisements

Just curious:

If you "dislike pretty much anything and everything about Santa Fe" then why on earth are you living here?

Life's too short to live where you dislike everything.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,029 times
I generally like Santa Fe, but avoid the Plaza area & Canyon Drive like the plague.
The drivers are kinda bad, but with lots of tourists and a large retired population, it isn't a surprise, IMO.
The lack of a pro sports team in ABQ is a mystery?
Even Oklahoma City (NBA), San Jose (NHL), & Sacramento (NBA) has a pro team.
Maybe state officials should promote that area more?
MOST people in New Mexico are friendly, especially in my book, the long-time local population.
SOME of the Anglo transplants, especially the ones with $$$$, seem to have GOD-like egos, but you can usually *spot them right away.
*25 pounds of Silver and Turquoise hanging off of them, is kinda hard too miss?
All-in-all, if you view New Mexico with realistic expectations.....and live that way.
It's a GREAT state to hang one's hat.

Steve

Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM

182 posts, read 469,043 times
I love New Mexico because I feel at home there.

I hear all these things about native New Mexicans not liking Texans, but I have been nothing but welcomed anywhere I've gone. (I've traveled New Mexico extensively.) People have always been caring and polite.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,628,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Just curious:

If you "dislike pretty much anything and everything about Santa Fe" then why on earth are you living here?

One does not always have the choice of picking up and leaving.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:01 PM

560 posts, read 1,714,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Just curious:

If it was just me I'd bail in a second. My parents retired here and both now have health issues. So I'm kind of stuck here. Since a permanent stay in New Mexico now seems likely, I'm looking into relocating everyone to Albuquerque. I know Albuquerque isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like it much better than Santa Fe.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,358,468 times
We have been here for two years. We still love it here and do not plan on leaving...this is home.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:25 PM

182 posts, read 469,043 times
My husband and I are both hoping I can get a job in New Mexico, after I graduate from college (within the next year). I love New Mexico and southern Colorado. My asthma is dreadful in the heat of Texas and the cool mountain air does wonders for my lungs. It's not that I mind heat, I just don't like prolonged terms of it.

How are the jobs in the mountain areas with the BLM or Department of the Interior?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,174 times
I hate New Mexico!!!!! The biggest mistake I ever made was moving to this awful place. I am not sure what it is going on, but I find nothing enchanting about it. Hopefully, someday I will be lucky to leave this place and never return. Then, perhaps, I can find some semblance of happiness.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:47 AM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,303,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMSUCKS!!! View Post
I hate New Mexico!!!!! The biggest mistake I ever made was moving to this awful place. I am not sure what it is going on, but I find nothing enchanting about it. Hopefully, someday I will be lucky to leave this place and never return. Then, perhaps, I can find some semblance of happiness.
I always tell out-of-staters looking to crowd up my fav biking trails & fishing streams the same thing too.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:36 PM

195 posts, read 420,599 times
What I love about New Mexico:

*That you can drive down a country road and see for miles.
*Green chile
*Hot salsa
*Good food
*Seeing the Sangres out of my window first thing in the morning.
*Channel 7 news
*kindness/respectfulness of its people (or at least most of them)
*doesn't snow that much
*Abq.

What I don't like about New Mexico:

*crime
*sorry, but the driving is terrible here. (I like the people in Santa Fe, but I don't like the way they drive.)
*Going up La Bajada hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico