Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 04:47 AM

1 posts, read 735 times

Advertisements

It is a place I would like to visit, do a good route
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 01:41 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,610,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little rook View Post
NoMansLand, thank you for the comprehensive report. I confess to chuckling a little at your description of dehydration: most of us are complaining about the humidity after the significant rains we have had this year!
You call that humidity? Rook...I got news for you! It was 92% humidity when I woke up this morning before 7 a.m. and it was only 72 degrees and I was sweating!

Now it's about to rain, I hear thunder, I can only hope, as it's near 90 here and horribly humid.

The rain there is terrific for you all. Maybe with global warming NM will continue to get rain instead of the opposite. The scientists never seem to really know what will happen.

I made a picture I took of an Albuquerque sunrise my desktop background as motivation.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:51 PM

47,545 posts, read 6,389,335 times
Thanks for sharing the experiences from your trip, NoMansLand.

I haven't been to New Mexico for several years, but I definitely want to go back and visit.

I've been to the city of Carlsbad and the surrounding area, including visits to the Living Desert Zoo, Sitting Bull Falls and of course, Carlsbad Caverns.

I've also been to Eagle Nest, Angel Fire, Red River and Taos. I had a great time floating down the Rio Grande on a short scenic trip. It was among the quickest and most fun four hours I've spent outdoors.

My jaw dropped when I first saw the majestic beauty after rounding a bend at Eagle Nest. It's so different than anything I've ever seen in Texas.

When I was a kid, we also had a stopover in Tucumcari and visited Billy the Kid's grave site.

I am amazed at the variety and beauty of the state. Some of it is a more stark elegance in the desert, but I can also see why a lot of West Texans yearn to visit parts of New Mexico to enjoy the greenery, too.

There are plenty of things to appeal to us Central Texans, as well.

In the mountain areas, the vistas can be absolutely breathtaking.

I know Colorado is often the first place many Texans think of when they want to visit the mountains, but for me, New Mexico offers great value, incredible scenery and is less crowded.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:00 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Admittedly I am obsessed with New Mexico but I highly recommend visiting any part of the state any tine of the year. Out first trip some 15 years ago included Socorro, the VLA, Carrizozo, Alamogordo, Picacho (look for it), and back to Albuquerque. Our last trip this spring was centered around a spa (George Motel and Spa) in T or C and included drives across the Black Range to Silver City (Rt 152) and a trip to Demming that included Hatch. We are planning another trip next spring (late spring) to the region north and west of Albuquerque. We expect to watch or even buy something at the Cloudcroft Rug auction, Shiprock, The Cumbres and Toltec Railroad in Chama and as many other places as we can afford.

Eventually I hope to spend our winters in southern New Mexico and I would like to move to the central Rio Grande Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico