Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:55 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,281 times

Advertisements

I agree, this doesn't sound at all like Las Cruces. Maybe we are getting fooled by a strange poster. Is this what is called a troll?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 04:45 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
She lost all credibility with the bit about busing beggars in from Juarez for the day.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:13 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,619,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Wow...Was born and raised and Las Cruces and never heard of anyone being bussed from Juarez to Beg on the streets of Las Cruces....

LOL.......LOL.......

Old 01-28-2008, 06:19 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameLOL View Post
When I left L.C., it was just about unliveable, and my experience was shared by many, who also left, many of us really sad to do so. If you doubt my experiences, who lived through them first-hand, then I'd suggest looking at the crime stats and the archives of the Sun-News at that time!!! Only we called it the "Fun News" because the reporting was so awful. They were always writing about "uninformed police officers" when they meant "uniformed." But I'm sure many of the things I mentioned were also mentioned then.

Out near Shalom Colony Trail, there was raging controversy because the newcomers didn't like the fertilizer smell from the farms and lawsuits were flying. Also, there was a big push on to slap covenants all over vacant areas so that only large houses could be built on the land, in a squeeze play to keep the little person out of the city. It was Californication!!! There were nasty things going on against the people who owned the little motels out along Picacho, because they were owned by people from India, and this crazy flag-waving started against them.

The beggars were actually being bused up from Juarez and the police chief stated he could do nothing about it because they weren't from L.C. even though they did not have their kids in school and pulled them out to go begging! It was a mess, and it really happened! You could yell "La Migra!" and half the people in a room would go pale and half would get really angry, and the stupid green INS vans were all over bugging everyone and trying to grab up illegals!!! It wasn't a happy time! But it happened! But I guess L.C. as elsewhere has its share of rose-colored glasses.
Well....very interesting post. Reminds me of someone named Elaine who posts hate filled rants on [domain blocked due to spam] Las Cruces forum.
Particularly amusing is the "bussing beggars from Juarez"! I guess busloads of beggars don't have to go thru the US Customs border checkpoints like I do every time I'm in Juarez. Somehow I doubt that a bus full, or even a car full, of beggars could just waltz thru....and why would they come to LC? Is there a beggar bus line? lol And what "police chief" only enforces laws broken by local residents? This is total crapola spewed by a crypto-Nativist propaganda tool.
The same goes for the other "LC-is-hell-on-earth" person at the beginning of this thread. How have I been here for 7 years and never had my home vandalized, tagged or broken into? Never been harassed by ICE or abused by a beggar. Did I miss something? More BS is about all, I think.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:04 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,619,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameLOL View Post
The beggars were actually being bused up from Juarez and the police chief stated he could do nothing about it because they weren't from L.C. even though they did not have their kids in school and pulled them out to go begging!
The more i read her posts the more i'm laughing at these statements ! Imagine your sitting in a park bench in LC and here comes the Partridge Family bus and then it stops and then BAM nothing but Illegals come flying out at you begging....lol.....

I went and read her other postings on City Data and over in the Louisville KY threads she's RANTING and RAGING about how we and other forums are Hostile and Unwelcoming etc...

Then on another post she calls someone a MORON because he told her to ware a sweater at night in July in Tucson. So i wouldn't take it personal about her insulting Las Cruces as she's Ranting against other Forums also......

Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 AM

253 posts, read 1,740,580 times
Is the OP for real? I smell a troll, too. Something about the style of writing doesn't sound like that of an older woman, to me.

I came to Las Cruces from Portland, OR and let me tell you how nice it is to be able to walk around without being hustled for spare change every block. With the exception of an overabundance of Chihuahuas and barking yard dogs in general, it's QUIET in Cruces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico