U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 08:50 AM

226 posts, read 233,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Well, no word from the recruiter or the hospital. Apparently this attempt fizzled at getting back. I am going to keep trying other New Mexico locations for my skillset, though. I would love ta get back to the desert southwest and work there a few years, then retire and stay in the desert. I'll keep you all updated.

I just woke up from a pre-work nap, and, now I'm wondering if Christmas shopping got the better of my recruiter. Or Friday snuck up on everybody - we'll see come the beginning of the week. I'm not so sure the Alamogordo job is completely out of the picture for me. My recruiter owes me a definite "yes, there's a possibility" or a "no, it's not a possibility."
You 'job-hunters' are funny. I think your "Christmas shopping" comment has a lot of truth in it. Take a 'time-out' and wait for the New Year. OR maybe this is your way to spread Christmas cheer? My take: not a good idea to look for work in December when shopping, family, Christmas cheer (parties), time to reflect are on everyone's minds and WHY call-backs get put on hold. "Land of Entrapment?": well my only answer to that is there is something for everyone in this BIG country. For me (after living in about 12 states) it's people (interlaced with politics) and not scenery and weather that "floats my boat" (sure you've heard that). Merry Christmas!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 09:04 AM

22,374 posts, read 6,088,937 times
Quote:
I applied for one of the F16 jobs at Holloman. Who knows, maybe we'll all be back soon.

Rich, I think this spells well for Alamogordo overall as a destination to live at. I look back very fondly on my Alamogordo days. I got an e-mail from the recruiter this morning for the Alamogordo job. He said something to the affect of "let's try getting ahold of them again today" and that he was sorry for not making contact with me Friday. So that sounds somewhat optimistic.

Then, my phone rang as I pulled away from the parking spot I was in across the street from the post office here in Manson, WA. I picked it up. It was the manager for the job I applied for in Artesia, NM. Who knows anything about Artesia? Anyone? For my skillset they have a brand new Lab built and the Manager says it's beautiful. So I'm once again enthralled about The Land of Enchantment. No, I don't joke about New Mexico being "The Land of Entrapment." I disagree with that goofy joke. I love New Mexico and, who knows, I might be coming back there!
I would not say Artesia is beautiful......its a industrial town in the Energy Basin with a oil refinery so take that into consideration.....not my idea of beautiful terrain.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:41 PM

7,594 posts, read 7,178,750 times
C24L - the Artesia AlliedHealthcare Manager was referring to the beautiful new equipment they bought for their new Lab.

Last edited by elkotronics; 12-19-2017 at 01:48 PM..

Old 12-19-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
C24L - the Artesia AlliedHealthcare Manager was referring to the beautiful new equipment they bought for their new Lab.
oh lol sorry my bad.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:52 PM

Artesia's a long shot. I see more "potential" in working there and living there than my wife does. I plan on getting a good night's sleep tonight and then contacting my recruiter tomorrow and planning a phone call meeting with Alamogordo management. I would like to get that call accomplished tomorrow. We left many friends there in Feb. of 2015 and took off for Washington state to a very ill mom.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:55 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,388,234 times
I would like to live in " Highrolls " just above Alamogordo , it has the perfect weather, climate .

Old 12-20-2017, 03:53 PM

Well, what a difference a day makes. I got a great night's sleep last night, and called my recruiter this morning. We took turns missing each other for about 3 phone calls. Then we finally got a hold of each other. It's the same job recruiter from Ohio that helped me get hired on to the RT job at Alamogordo in January of 2013! Same exact guy who has that same great relationship with Alamogordo's Cardiopulmonary Department.

Long story short - I have a 9:00AM phone interview tomorrow morning for the job there in Alamogordo. It would be back where I got my Sleep Tech. training in 2013. Unbelievable! The Sleep Lab Manager is the same woman who trained me and I consider her my friend. Folks, if I want to go back to the desert SW, this would be the place and the time to do it.

I could make this up to my wife - I was the brute that pulled her away from some close friends in Alamogordo in February of 2015. Now I could bring her back there, we plan on buying a humble abode there, and I would just work out my last few years of full-time Cardiopulmonary employment there in Alamogordo, then retire. I'd like to go a little less than 4 more years. I can hardly believe this - I'll have to ask all the nitty-gritty questions about scoring our own studies, having 3 patients, etc. I'm sure we'll cover everything pretty much in detail tomorrow.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Well, what a difference a day makes. I got a great night's sleep last night, and called my recruiter this morning. We took turns missing each other for about 3 phone calls. Then we finally got a hold of each other. It's the same job recruiter from Ohio that helped me get hired on to the RT job at Alamogordo in January of 2013! Same exact guy who has that same great relationship with Alamogordo's Cardiopulmonary Department.

Long story short - I have a 9:00AM phone interview tomorrow morning for the job there in Alamogordo. It would be back where I got my Sleep Tech. training in 2013. Unbelievable! The Sleep Lab Manager is the same woman who trained me and I consider her my friend. Folks, if I want to go back to the desert SW, this would be the place and the time to do it.

I could make this up to my wife - I was the brute that pulled her away from some close friends in Alamogordo in February of 2015. Now I could bring her back there, we plan on buying a humble abode there, and I would just work out my last few years of full-time Cardiopulmonary employment there in Alamogordo, then retire. I'd like to go a little less than 4 more years. I can hardly believe this - I'll have to ask all the nitty-gritty questions about scoring our own studies, having 3 patients, etc. I'm sure we'll cover everything pretty much in detail tomorrow.
best of luck.....i hope u get to move back to Alamo.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:06 PM

Thanks, C24L. I am stoked right now!

Old 12-21-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks, C24L. I am stoked right now!
Netime elkotronics.I am thinking of living in Alamo someday myself.Thats great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico