U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 AM

25 posts, read 50,614 times
Default Moving Back!! Any temporary housing suggestions?

Hi, really happy that we are moving outta this snow covered landscape know as Ohio and moving back to NM... We really want to rent a home or apt. and learn the lay of the land and find a nice house and area for my wife and 3.5 y/o son to call it our permanent home... Any suggestions on any good rental home sites that can get me started? We will be coming down in late March so we are in a bit of a time crunch... I can find apartments and such but really want to know if there's anyone who specializes in rental homes (since they will provide more square footage for the price)... Just smilin' about our move now, since it looks like our home sale will go through...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:01 AM

41 posts, read 82,043 times
maybe include the location of where you are moving back to in your thread and you'll get more responses

Old 02-15-2008, 11:24 AM

25 posts, read 50,614 times
Sorry, forgot to add that I was going to be moving back to the Albuquerque area.. Rio Rancho and other outlying areas are not out of the question...

Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 AM

33,256 posts, read 27,250,049 times
Get a copy of the local paper on line and look in the classifieds. Or get onto Realator.com and look at over 500 places for sale or rent. If you are in a big hurry see if yiou can locate a monthly motel rent to get started.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM

574 posts, read 1,409,809 times
Try craigslist for New Mexico, Albuquerque area: craigslist: albuquerque classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events.

Keep smiling, and have a wonderful move. If things get crazy along the way, remember you're going to a place where people blow the snow off their walks with hairdryers.

~clairz

Old 02-15-2008, 10:50 PM

2,452 posts, read 4,943,178 times
Um, I had to SHOVEL the snow off my car last week in ABQ......

of course, I was using a little wisk brush and dustpan, but still, it was a shoveling motion

You might want to stay in a hotel for a couple of days and look once you get here. I found many of the landlords didn't want to rent to someone they hadn't met (can't say I blame them), and often you can get a better deal on deposits, etc. when you're dealing face to face. Also, many rentals never make it past the sign in the front yard, and don't appear on craigslist and the paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico