U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:12 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 2,790,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
First time these weather weenies out here have ever seen serious snow, in town. Maybe they will be calmer now about two inch snowfalls but I doubt it."
Oh how true! LOL

People freak out here over 1-3 inches! I have 13+ inches at my house in far north Rio Rancho and not a plow in site. My subdivision always seems to be last on the list for some reason. But I understand 550 is plowed and open and 528 is too. I cleaned my Durango off but not sure even with 4 wheel drive if I can get out of the subdivision, we shall see tomorrow maybe.

This is the worst snowstorm New Mexico has seen I believe. I was also in DC in the late 90's when we got 3 feet of snow!!!! How do I manage to get the worst storms no matter where I live? :-)

I have plenty of wine and other provisions though so I'm doing fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2006, 06:30 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,628,148 times
Sounds like you are getting hit harder down South than we are in the North. I can't get out to measure, but I'd say not more than 8 inches judging from the window panes and patio door.

It may also be getting warmer as some of the snow seems to be melting--but not on my driveway

And I have to admit I've seen far worse in the East and drove in it too.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:40 PM

610 posts, read 2,935,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
A little north east of Albuquerque. This is not a common sight for us at all.

What is this snowblower machine you speak of .
Well, I'll tell ya, fellow westerner; next time you go out for fast-food, save your straws. I'll be down to teach you the next step.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:33 PM

56 posts, read 201,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLD View Post
Oh how true! LOL

People freak out here over 1-3 inches! I have 13+ inches at my house in far north Rio Rancho and not a plow in site. My subdivision always seems to be last on the list for some reason. But I understand 550 is plowed and open and 528 is too. I cleaned my Durango off but not sure even with 4 wheel drive if I can get out of the subdivision, we shall see tomorrow maybe.

This is the worst snowstorm New Mexico has seen I believe. I was also in DC in the late 90's when we got 3 feet of snow!!!! How do I manage to get the worst storms no matter where I live? :-)

I have plenty of wine and other provisions though so I'm doing fine.
LLD, we feel the same! My husband & I lived in Boston a couple of years back & the first winter we saw (coming from growing up in ABQ) we got 27 in in 2 days. We were so freaked out! So all of this snow in ABQ is nothin'! We love this! Our German Shepard is in heaven. But 3 feet is a bit much....

Old 01-01-2007, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 4,383 times
Default More Clayton, NM Snow Pics

I just came across this thread and forum by searching the net for Clayton, NM snow. It's been an unbelievable weekend. I've lived in Clayton nearly all of my life except for the years I was in college. I've never seen anything like this! I thought you would all enjoy a few more pics since BrianH is in Ireland...
Here is a completely buried car on the East side of Clayton 12-31-06
**** Snow Pictures *****-picture3-670.jpg
This one is looking West down Main St.
**** Snow Pictures *****-picture3-685.jpg
Rabbit Ear Mountain
**** Snow Pictures *****-picture3-677.jpg
Snow drift out my back door on 12-30-06
**** Snow Pictures *****-picture3-647.jpg
Hope everyone enjoys the pictures! We're sure enjoying the snow! It's been a blast!

Old 01-01-2007, 01:09 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,720,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy78 View Post
I just came across this thread and forum by searching the net for Clayton, NM snow. It's been an unbelievable weekend. I've lived in Clayton nearly all of my life except for the years I was in college. I've never seen anything like this! I thought you would all enjoy a few more pics since BrianH is in Ireland...

Hope everyone enjoys the pictures! We're sure enjoying the snow! It's been a blast!
Dang, I am SO jealous!!!! Loved the pics, thanks so much for sharing them with us!!!!

Old 01-02-2007, 02:03 PM

7,509 posts, read 16,118,348 times
Very nice picture of Rabbit Ear Mountain Tracy! I have a bunch more pictures of Clayton that PR sent me and i am uploading them to the Town's website tonight. Would it be possibe for you to email me the full size image of the rabbit ear pic to use on the site and maybe a publication ?
PM me and i can give you my details to email it to.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:48 PM

I got this one in my email this morn, i think its from the Chief of Police

Old 01-06-2007, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 7,372 times
I hope this isn't setting a trend, we are thinking of moving to Albuquerque area to get away from all of the snow and cold miserable weather. We haven't seen a flake here in PA, today it was 68 and just as warm tomorrow. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around, NM getting warmer weather and we get the cold and snow?

Old 01-07-2007, 07:45 AM

I welcome any moisture that wants to come our way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico