Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 07:52 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times

Advertisements

Brian,

Every time my husband and I see more pictures you post of Clayton, we just shake our heads and say, "How can that be?????"

We always pass through Clayton in the early fall, and it is usually very warm. I am sure big snowstorms (or even light snowstorms) must be very rare there, am I correct? Must be all that global warming pushing the snow so far south.

Anyway, thanks for posting all the pics for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Snow isnt that rare here, we do get some good storms and some light flurries. But storms of this magnitude are. We officially got 30 inches of snow, and 16 foot high drifts.
We made ABC, NBC and CNN news, and a few more. Some came down and interviewed a couple here that let lots of stranded people stay in their house, so we can expect to see some featured story sometime in the future, hopefully! Its given us alot of nationwide publicity, so hopefully we will even get a few visitors out of it!
We are expecting snow Friday through Tuesday so hopefully we can get some more much needed moisture.
I got home yesterday, all the roads are in excellent condition for driving. Well done to the State, City and County officials for working under hard conditions. Somebody (i presume city) was ploughing the alleys so trash could be emptied yesterday. There is still built up snow in yards etc, but the roads are perfect, even drove my moped around today so theyre all good. You should join or mailing list on my website if youre interested in news from our area. We dont send out a huge amount, so its nothng you will be receiveing daily.

Im so jetlagged its not even funny, so i apologise for any misspelling or anything that dosent make sence! hehe

Old 01-12-2007, 09:38 AM

Its snowing again today! 12F and the town looks real nice n white. It goes from a very light to a medium flurry. No where near as bad as the last time, but more to come according to the weatherman. I will take some pics later if it continues and looks good.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:12 PM

Here are some more pics from the blizzard!
This is a pic of Capulin from the helicopter

Arial view of the town

Capulin Volcano

I have more updated in my gallery from the website, and will add more over time, enjoy!

Old 01-16-2007, 04:24 PM

Sorry to keep replying to myself! But heres a quote from an article our City Manager put in his weekly Talk of The Town, just to show the magnitude of the emergency we had during hte blizzard
Quote:
County and Town personnel worked tirelessly to help each other out of the snow so that we could more aggressively respond to the many urgent and emergency issues piling up. A non-emergency line was established to free up the police lines and messages were provided to the radio station as often as possible to pass along information to the community. Examples of the many issues requiring immediate attention included: nearly 60 stuck and stranded motorists in 5 directions of State Highways, numerous requests of stuck local traffic, a missing person, several urgent medication requests, food requests, emergency runs, welfare checks, vehicle accidents, stranded children, missing kids, nine month pregnant and stranded motorist, heart attack, power and heat problems involving shut-ins, and our emergency vehicles were continually needing to be pulled out during their responses.
You can read the whole thing by purchasing the local paper or view the town of clayton website which i do.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:46 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times
Brian,

You are never replying just to yourself. I read and enjoy all of your posts and the pictures you show us. THANKS! Keep up the good work!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 AM

18 posts, read 88,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Brian,

You are never replying just to yourself. I read and enjoy all of your posts and the pictures you show us. THANKS! Keep up the good work!
I agree. I always enjoy seeing new posts to this thread. I miss the snow!

~Mel

Old 01-18-2007, 12:05 PM

Thanks! Expecting more this weekend so ill snap some more if its decent.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:12 PM

243 posts, read 887,361 times
Default Albuquerque Snow Pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-010F.JPG
Views:	1462
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	770

Name:	MVC-013F.JPG
Views:	1924
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	771

Name:	Mvc-031f.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	772

This was a record breaking snow fall for Albuquerque, New Mexico. 12/30/2006.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:48 AM

94 posts, read 612,652 times
Oh, I'm tired of the SNOW!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico