Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 04:42 PM

101 posts, read 353,735 times

Advertisements

we moved here last June. we have a little yard that is absolutely empty now.
I;d like to grow something , vegetables or flowers. since I am not very handy on this I want to know what;s the easiest to grow? please don;t tell me its weeds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:52 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,982,779 times
By empty, do you mean dirt? If yes, that means you can totally start from scratch, which IMO is nice.

Do you want grass, or none?
Do you want to have to water it? A lot, just a bit, or not at all?
Does the area get much sunlight, partial-shade, or mostly shade?
What kind of "look" do you prefer? Southwestern cactus? Grass and shrubs/trees?

Once you answer those questions you can probably start planning. About the weeds - if you don't plan, they most certainly will!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:35 PM

68 posts, read 454,784 times
Well a lot of the "natural or native plants" are what the city calls weeds in my yard, and threatens me with criminal charges. No, I am not talking pot. Then I love to see them as landscaping in McDonald's drive through and at work. (Or for sale at Jericho's Nursery). I spend my whole life trying to tear out those native grasses and how much on weed killer every year and some people buy the stuff. It Floors me I tell you!

Remember, if you have something that needs water - there are laws about watering. What time of day, what days of the week, and if you get caught w/water on at another time - that's another money making opportunity for the city.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:41 PM

946 posts, read 3,256,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelawongme View Post
we moved here last June. we have a little yard that is absolutely empty now.
I;d like to grow something , vegetables or flowers. since I am not very handy on this I want to know what;s the easiest to grow? please don;t tell me its weeds
Where are you? There is a range of climate in this state and what grows well depends on where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico