U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 10:38 AM

18 posts, read 16,543 times

Advertisements

I am looking for any information on retirement at Jubliee Los Lunas. My husband and I have visited the area and really liked it. My husband lived in Albuquerque for 5 years many years ago when he completed his residency. He has always wanted to move back.

We have looked at several areas in Arizona and New Mexico. I am fairly certain New Mexico will be the place. I am just looking for any input from people in the area.

I have seen information on the Del Webb place in Mirehaven. We have not been there so we may have to add it to our list of places to check out.

We are looking to relocate in approximately 3 1/2 years. (I hope it goes fast!).

Thank you for any information. By the way, I will still be working when we move. So that is a consideration. I need to be in a place where job prospects are good (Family Nurse Practitioner).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 01:12 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,032,648 times
Here are some City-Data threads about Jubilee Los Lunas:

- Retirement Communities in New Mexico
- Considering move to Los Lunas
- Help - Which area is recommended - Bernalillo or Los Lunas?
- Is Albuquerque A Good Place To Live? ABQ

Some of the posts on these threads may be a bit dated but I think they contain quite a lot of good info that is still relevant.

You mentioned Del Webb Mirehaven but not Del Webb Alegria, which is the third higher end active adult community in the ABQ area with single family homes. Jubilee and Mirehaven are in the build out phase so brand new homes are available in both communities. Alegria is fully built out but resales continue to be available.

I believe Jubilee (at full buildout) would be the biggest of these communities with about 700 homes. But it has been very slow to build out. A couple of years or so the builder dropped their minimum homeowner age requirement from 55 to 45 to attract a larger pool of potential buyers. Don't know how many sales there have been since then to younger buyers. Here's the builder's website for Jubilee - Active Adult Retirement Community in New Mexico | Jubilee Los Lunas - if you haven't already found this.

Mirehaven at full buildout will be about 550 homes, although I have heard informally that Pulte might increase the number of homes there if they continue to sell strongly. Mirehaven sits inside a larger Pulte-owned tract of land, so the overall development will include additional non-active adult portions. Mirehaven has been selling well enough that, as of a few months ago, Pulte was supposedly considering changing some of the non-active adult portions to active adult. This could make a difference in terms of whether the Mirehaven community center/clubhouse is large enough to serve the full active adult community, although this wouldn't be an issue for several years once Mirehaven approaches full buildout. Here are a couple of builder websites for Mirehaven - https://www.delwebb.com/homes/new-me...rehaven-209312 and https://www.pulte.com/homes/new-mexi...rehaven-209317.

Alegria contains 376 homes. It is the largest of the 3 communities right now since it is at full buildout, but will be the smallest if and when the others reach full buildout.

My wife and I have lived in Alegria for about 7 years. We visited Jubilee as well before deciding on Alegria. We also recently visited Jubilee to take an active adult class there, so had a chance to check out their clubhouse. I served as president of the HOA board at Alegria for the past 2 years, although I am now no longer on the board since I chose not to rerun.

I posted my views on the comparison of the 3 communities in the other C-D threads. Won't repeat all of that here, but I continue to believe that Alegria is the best of the three. Others may obviously have different opinions, but the following are factors where my wife and I both think Alegria bests Jubilee and Mirehaven. These were deciding factors in where we bought in 2009. Mirehaven wasn't open then but we would have chosen Alegria over Mirehaven as well.

- Much greener feel. Alegria backs up against the Rio Grande, with a great bosque trail along the river right outside our back gate. Jubilee and Mirehaven are located away from the river and have a much browner, drier feel to them.

- Better microclimate. Jubilee and Mirehaven sit higher with very little development directly around them and are much more exposed to the NM wind. We haven't lived in either community, but they sure seem to us to be windier, dustier locations based on our visits there than Alegria.

- Less remote location. All 3 communities are a ways from downtown ABQ and other amenities in the city. Mirehaven is the closest, since it's a shorter distance on I-40 from there to ABQ. But there's more development closer to Alegria, in terms of stores, restaurants, etc., due to our proximity to Rio Rancho.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have additional questions that I might be able to help with.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:33 PM

142 posts, read 196,008 times
If you're an FNP, you'll easily be able to set up shop in the Los Lunas/Belen area (Presbyterian has facilities in those areas). However, if you're commuting to Albuquerque just know the traffic up I-25 north in the morning can be a headache. I know this because I travel the opposite direction and see it backed up for several miles. There's another poster on here (nmnita) that could give you some good insights about retiring south of Albuquerque. I'm 20 years from retirement, but would probably choose Rio Rancho over Los Lunas/Belen just because it is so much closer to activities and shopping.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:43 PM

116 posts, read 90,589 times
Default I donno ..

I've driven by jubilee. Not a bad place, but stretches out in the dusty flats for a long ways. Not my impression of something "homey" but it's a place that keeps coming up in the search for 55+ communities. Not my idea where I'd like to settle although anyone I know living in LL has had good things to say about it. Just depends on what you're open to.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:50 PM

Thanks everyone for your information! I appreciate it.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:53 PM

I'm not sure how to send a private message on this forum!

Old 03-18-2017, 03:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP2017 View Post
I'm not sure how to send a private message on this forum!
Left click on the screen name at the top left of a post. That will open a menu, with one choice being to send a direct message to the poster.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:33 PM

66 posts, read 67,789 times
I visited Mirehaven and Jubilee recently. I toured some homes and the amenities center at Mirehaven, but only did a short drive-around at Jubilee. I probably won't live at either community, but if I had to pick, it would be Mirehaven. Why? Location, location, location!!! Closer to a lot things. Just my two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico