Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2006, 08:33 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,768,544 times

Advertisements

With the problem of DWI and the uninsured in NM, I wonder how this will affect my auto insurance coming from Ohio. I have no tickets, do not drink and drive. But will my rates jump because all the risk of these drunks on NM roads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 11:41 AM

71 posts, read 319,371 times
I just had my auto insurance switched from midwest to NM and the rate jumped by over $100/6 months. This is mainly because of the DWI and uninsured. In fact there is some form that I need to fill out and return back to the insurance that addresses the uninsured issue in the state. This place is not too far off from a third world so if you drive anything but a run-down rust mobile you'll pay high insurance premiums.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:50 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,185 times
I have been hit three times in the last 10 years. One was a drunk and they were all uninsured. You will pay.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:37 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,768,544 times
Default Not good...

I figured as much...when I took half a household of belongings down there with my wife, we settled into an apartment, then took a day and went to Santa Rosa.

While there, we just left the Blue Hole and was driving down the road, there was one guy walking with traffic, and another on a bicycle coming toward us in the other lane.

Both were Native American, but they could have just as well had been white. The guy on the bike did a U-turn in front of us which turned into a spiral, then fell over in the middle of the road. Whatever that was in his front carrier broke (liquor), and was spilling onto the road...he was so drunk he could not sit up. His friend came trotting back to help him out. We just drove around him as he was cussing and fumbling under his wreckage...sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: