Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:57 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times

Advertisements

Santa Fe
Quote:

* On average, the warmest month is July.

* The highest recorded temperature was 99°F in 2003.

* On average, the coolest month is January.

* The lowest recorded temperature was -17°F in 1990.

* July is the average wettest month.

Ruidoso

Quote:
* The average warmest month is June.

* The highest recorded temperature was 101°F in 1990.

* On average, the coolest month is January.

* The lowest recorded temperature was -15°F in 1983.

* The maximum average precipitation occurs in August.
Las Cruces

Quote:
* On average, the warmest month is June.

* The highest recorded temperature was 110°F in 1994.

* The average coolest month is January.

* The lowest recorded temperature was -10°F in 1962.

* The most precipitation on average occurs in August.

Source...The Weather Channel

Don't know how accurate the records are. I know for a fact that some are wrong. One example is Palmdale,CA. Last winter it set a record for low temp at zero (record says 6)...and it has be much hotter then the posted record temp of 113. How do I know? I lived there 10 years....and it was a big deal on the local news when the records fell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 6,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
How is it for you at 85?
Acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio
Don't know how accurate the records are. I know for a fact that some are wrong. One example is Palmdale,CA. Last winter it set a record for low temp at zero (record says 6)...and it has be much hotter then the posted record temp of 113. How do I know? I lived there 10 years....and it was a big deal on the local news when the records fell...
That's why it is so good to hear from people who actually live in an area.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 AM

179 posts, read 621,441 times
This link states that on July 26, 1994, Santa Fe reached 100 degrees.

http://www.weather.yahoo.com/climo/USNM0292_f.html

The only U.S. capitol that has never reached 100 degrees or above is Honolulu, HI.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:36 PM

946 posts, read 3,264,802 times
Default Still looks correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgoNative View Post
This link states that on July 26, 1994, Santa Fe reached 100 degrees.

http://www.weather.yahoo.com/climo/USNM0292_f.html

The only U.S. capitol that has never reached 100 degrees or above is Honolulu, HI.

What I said is "Santa Fe has never been above 100 in recorded history."

That still looks correct to me.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,590,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcat View Post
We enjoy the low COL, slower pace of life, low crime, space between neighbors and the homeschool laws here.
It won't be possible to replicate what you have in Kansas... only with better weather and scenery... so you will need to make some tradeoffs. Small town midwesterners will generally notice more crime, more transients, and a higher COL. NM hasn't been nearly as inflated in price as CO and AZ, but it is headed that way.

I moved to Ruidoso in '06 and I think it and the surrounding area would qualify as a good place to check out. Also look at Alamogordo which is nearby and is warmer and less expensive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico