Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,713,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Am a New Mexico native, but somehow I think an In-and-Out Burger would beat a Lotaburger hands down.
See, I don't know Zoidberg. I have never lived in a state with In-N-Out, but have traveled to Phoenix, Vegas, and LA fairly regularly and have made a point to stop at them a few times (I-N-O) because I have friends that make such a fuss about it.

And while I am admittedly biased to New Mexico, I think I would be very quick to admit / point out if In-N-Out was better. However, have multiple eatings at I-N-O, I have concluded that it is one of the most overrated fast food places that has ever been up. Not that it is bad or anything, it isn't. However, I just don't find it to live up to the hoopla in any way.

I feel this and I feel it strongly (as strongly as one could feel about a fast food joint! ): I would take Blake's any day over In-N-Out. Blake's is better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:49 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,734 times
always jonesin for green chilie.......used my last bag (lol)

Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
See, I don't know Zoidberg. I have never lived in a state with In-N-Out, but have traveled to Phoenix, Vegas, and LA fairly regularly and have made a point to stop at them a few times (I-N-O) because I have friends that make such a fuss about it.

And while I am admittedly biased to New Mexico, I think I would be very quick to admit / point out if In-N-Out was better. However, have multiple eatings at I-N-O, I have concluded that it is one of the most overrated fast food places that has ever been up. Not that it is bad or anything, it isn't. However, I just don't find it to live up to the hoopla in any way.

I feel this and I feel it strongly (as strongly as one could feel about a fast food joint! ): I would take Blake's any day over In-N-Out. Blake's is better!

EnjoyEP,

My sentiments exactly. I've been to a ton of I-N-O as well, and I think their appeal is twofold- a)customer service and b) cleanliness. Their food is just slightly above average. In fact, I think their french fries are not very good at all. The burger is good enough, but does not approach the level of Blake's. There are plenty of local burger joints in So Cal though that give Blake's a serious run for their money. I-N-O is just not one of them.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times
Question about In and Out burgers:

Do they have green chile cheeseburgers?

There are burgers and burgers and burgers out there there .... but seems like if they don't have green chile on them, we are comparing two greatly different things.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post

No.

Another reason that the Blake's boys have 'em beat!

Old 03-27-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
EnjoyEP,

My sentiments exactly. I've been to a ton of I-N-O as well, and I think their appeal is twofold- a)customer service and b) cleanliness.

Their food is just slightly above average. In fact, I think their french fries are not very good at all. The burger is good enough, but does not approach the level of Blake's. There are plenty of local burger joints in So Cal though that give Blake's a serious run for their money. I-N-O is just not one of them.
Agreed fully Mike!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post

There are burgers and burgers and burgers out there there .... but seems like if they don't have green chile on them, we are comparing two greatly different things.
What they do have though, is a variant of McDonald's 'special sauce' that is applied to a Big Mac. Not really a fan of that, I have to say.

Green chile is what makes the burger regionally distinct. Overall, hamburgers are a homogenous food, associated with America. Green Chile makes the burger regionally distinct. The only other case I can think of where a burger is prepared distinctly regional is in Western Oklahoma, where onion burgers are the norm. If you want the very best burgers in America IMO, this is where you go to. But our green chile garnishment comes really close. Let's just call them 1a and 1b.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:32 PM

507 posts, read 2,061,661 times
Allright, business takes me to ABQ. on 4/10 & 11. My first stop will be Blakes on Adams/Zuni near where I grew up. I'll be sure to bring one back for everyone here. 'K?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 PM

382 posts, read 1,227,583 times
I love Lotaburger, but the services sure has gone down since they sold it. Some of the help speaks NO English. Much of the help speaks little English. It really irks me!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:57 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinNM View Post
I love Lotaburger, but the services sure has gone down since they sold it. Some of the help speaks NO English. Much of the help speaks little English. It really irks me!
That is the same opinion that I have. Once they sold out and fired all the long time help they once had in favor of the non english speaking help. The product and the service they once had took a big hit for the worse. It is not at all what it use to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico