Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 12:16 PM

60 posts, read 50,316 times

Advertisements

I thought 4-letter words were not allowed on this group?

Old 03-07-2019, 12:17 PM

60 posts, read 50,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
They don't get better care, that's just stupid. They hide in the shadows and don't report crime at all for fear of getting deported.

Central Americans (there are no measurable numbers of South Americans coming illegally are fleeing a war zone. They're refugees. At least some of them (send the others back home like we do right now), and they deserve your pity and care not your lies and innuendos.

Pointless wars and their astronomical expenses both fiscally and personnel wise, are the OUTRAGEOUS weight on the backs of Americans.

We do take care of our population though we could do better. But to suggest that anyone in this country is suffering because of some dirt poor Hondurans is not only silly but spiteful and mean. I got mine so **** you, huh? We help people in need because it's the RIGHT thing to do. Next time your republican congress critter votes down money for the VA or inner city schools or anything that is "helping our own", you should hang your head in SHAME for trying to make this specious argument.

We got a Texan and a Russian here telling us how it is. Thank you internet Gods!

I thought 4-letter words were not allowed on these groups?

Old 03-07-2019, 12:25 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drleephd6530 View Post
I thought 4-letter words were not allowed on these groups?
Got rid of it even if it is allowed. And I'm not hiding anything.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:08 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
The Berlin Wall was a completely different circumstance.
Again, you are just assuming.
It is you that needs to study history.
Running on false information and hysterics is not wise
Next time you go thru a border patrol checkpoint, ask them when and where this "100 mile from the border wall" is going to be . I'm sure they could use a good chuckle.
Thank you for writing this post about the Berlin Wall as a means of comparison to what is happening now. That wall was constructed as a means to prevent Communist East Germans passage into free West Berlin. The wall fell due to the fall of Communism in 1989 in East Germany. That system didn't work and doesn't work now. Similarly Mexico has had nearly one party rule for over 70 years with the Institutional Revolution Party and rarely has any other ideology have sufficient time to germinate into any worthwhile opposition party. British Common Law and Natural Law is the model on what has made this country so prosperous, and we wish to welcome those who will wait their time, legally, to immigrate, because we are a nation of laws. My ancestors followed the rules and waited. If the first action of someone is knowingly break the law by illegally crossing the border, we have a right to defend our borders as a sovereign nation of laws.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:34 PM

212 posts, read 371,474 times
Quote:
And what are you hiding? Not a US born maybe? I live within 10 miles of the border and all people I know want a wall with maybe an electrified top! Tell me why we are giving 5 billion to Egypt each year when over 25000 Americans are in their prisons? We feel bad as we dropped Fat man and Little boy both made and developed in New Mexico on Japan to stop WWII. We have bailed out people all over the world and got nothing in return! How much can you buy here that Does Not Say Made In China??? The only people that have gotten something is the politicians! As Congress limited the presidency to two terms lets limit Congress to two terms and say no retirement or benefits to be there!

I live within TWO miles of the southern border and nobody around here is that narrow-minded and short-sighted. We here in El Paso lived through the height of the Mexican cartel wars and we were the safest large city in the nation during that time, thanks to President Obama. And he never ONCE resorted to using anti-immigrant rhetoric or aligned himself with racists and bigots. And he did it WITHOUT Trump's idiotic wall.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:00 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Tell me why we are giving 5 billion to Egypt each year when over 25000 Americans are in their prisons?
I would like to see some evidence of your claim that there are over 25000 Americans in prisons in Egypt...

Old 03-07-2019, 08:58 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,594,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I would like to see some evidence of your claim that there are over 25000 Americans in prisons in Egypt...
I was just going to post the exact same thing! I came up empty after a couple minutes on google. Having a hard time wrapping my head around the notion of when, where, why, and how 25,000 US citizens ended up in Egyptian jails...

Old 03-13-2019, 05:04 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGabe View Post
I live within TWO miles of the southern border and nobody around here is that narrow-minded and short-sighted. We here in El Paso lived through the height of the Mexican cartel wars and we were the safest large city in the nation during that time, thanks to President Obama. And he never ONCE resorted to using anti-immigrant rhetoric or aligned himself with racists and bigots. And he did it WITHOUT Trump's idiotic wall.
I disagree with TG, I grew up 2 BLOCKS from the Rio Grande in South Central ELP. There were burglaries and robberies all the time BEFORE the fences and the Border Highway was built. There were all kinds of car jacking ( my mother's car was car jacked in '85 ) and while not murders, there was still crime. Thugs putting rocks and junk on US 85 by UTEP forcing cars to stop and then the drivers were robbed. The parts of the wall that were built under both Bush and Obama terms have curbed illegal entry. That as well as our great police and border patrol have kept us a safe city, certainly safer than ABQ. Walls work Now, we are being flooded with asylum seekers which regardless of the NM Gov. and Torres-Small and Escobar's statements is a crisis. Today, they were taking several hundred asylum seekers to ABQ. These Dems are just looking for future voters as I am sure BLUE NM politicians will let them vote even if they are illegal.

The wall needs to be built in those remote parts of the states of TX and NM .

Old 03-13-2019, 06:32 PM

212 posts, read 371,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I disagree with TG, I grew up 2 BLOCKS from the Rio Grande in South Central ELP. There were burglaries and robberies all the time BEFORE the fences and the Border Highway was built. There were all kinds of car jacking ( my mother's car was car jacked in '85 ) and while not murders, there was still crime. Thugs putting rocks and junk on US 85 by UTEP forcing cars to stop and then the drivers were robbed. The parts of the wall that were built under both Bush and Obama terms have curbed illegal entry. That as well as our great police and border patrol have kept us a safe city, certainly safer than ABQ. Walls work Now, we are being flooded with asylum seekers which regardless of the NM Gov. and Torres-Small and Escobar's statements is a crisis. Today, they were taking several hundred asylum seekers to ABQ. These Dems are just looking for future voters as I am sure BLUE NM politicians will let them vote even if they are illegal.

The wall needs to be built in those remote parts of the states of TX and NM .

And NONE of that addresses that fact the our president aligns himself with bigots, racists and xenophobes and uses anti-immigrant rhetoric. The Republicans are desperate to justify anything and everything that oozes out of Trump's mouth, even it it means getting in bed with Neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan. He thinks the Charlottesville marchers were very fine people. He has never said a word about Steve King's antisemitism. He called Mexicans rapists. He freely used the term "sh*thole country". And Trumpers don't care one bit because the wall represents their own deep-seated hatred and resentment of "the other". And Trump is more than happy to feed their hatred.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:32 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Geez, the looking for future voters canard is old and tired. Walls belong in urban areas they are a waste of money in the boonies. Millions per mile to stop a couple dozen a year out there.

Property crime is still plenty bad in EP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico