Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:28 PM

12 posts, read 62,004 times

Advertisements

It seems my post has gotten a little off track, don't get me wrong I love food and good restaurants. What I really wanted to know was info on New Mexico attractions, and must see's, & fun stuff to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Very much enjoyed browsing your site, Lovehound, thanks!!
Thanks Cathy and any others who visited my site. I'll love to develop relations with any self styled chefs anywhere, and my two great loves in cooking are Mexican, and I think New Mexican is going to be my next thing, and French has a lot to offer too. Anybody who visits my site will realize that I love all the nationalities. Beside every recipe I have a national flag icon indicating which country the recipe hails to. I think gourmet is a bit presumptuous to describe me, so I just call myself an amateur chef. Please feel free to contact me via DM on CD or you can use the reply form at my site, and I'll be happy to trade recipes via email, offer advice, even find recipes for things you want if you can interest me in wanting to cook the same things.

I plan to post a few recipes in CD's cooking section in the not too distant future, and perhaps I'll see y'all there.

You New Mexicans and Texans might like my Pedernales River Chile (http://lovehound.us/recipes/Pedernales%20River%20Chili.html - broken link) which is attributed to Ladybird Johnson.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaFLA View Post
It seems my post has gotten a little off track, don't get me wrong I love food and good restaurants. What I really wanted to know was info on New Mexico attractions, and must see's, & fun stuff to do.
I'm sorry Angela, and I apologize because it seems that I'm probably the prime instigator in derailing your topic. My enthusiasm has run away with me and I forgot the topic of the OP. I'll try to keep on topic in later posts, and I hope everybody else will try to do that too. Sorry!

Well for my nomination for an NM attraction, go visit Santa Fe and get some of their NewMex cooking in the restaurants. That's a big factor in my wanting to move to Santa Fe. Best food I ever had.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,604,165 times
AngelaFLA ...I agree love NM food too but lets talk attractions .....

1) White Sands National Monument

2) Carlsbad Caverns National Park

3) Sandia Peak Tramway /Sandia Crest

4) Palace of the Governors, Santa Fe

5) Taos Pueblo

6) Acoma "Sky City" Pueblo

7) Chaco Culture National Historical Park

8) Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument

9) Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad

10) Old Town Albuquerque

And some personal fav's...

Rockhound State Park ......City of Rocks State Park
The Catwalk .....Sierra Blanca Peak ....Old Mesilla ...Aguirre Springs
The Lodge at Cloudcroft ...Echo Ampitheater ...Ghost Ranch
..Brazos Cliffs .....Capulin Volcano ....Very Large Array
...Sitting Bull Falls ....Jemez Springs ...Shiprock
oh yeah almost forgot ....Rio Grande Gorge Bridge

Old 04-30-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
7) Chaco Culture National Historical Park
I forgot that was in NM. Chaco is one of my favorite places. Go there and look at Native American construction that apparently rose to several story buildings that may have housed hundreds of people. While you're there, join everybody else in wondering why the Anasazi lived there betweeen 850 and 1250 AD (my recollection, I may be wrong on the dates) and then suddenly the Anasazi disappeared, and nobody knows why. While you're at it, wonder how they supported a major city with apparently no local resources such as a plentiful water supply. Chaco is an amazing place, and it's out in the middle of nowhere. You'll drive there for 1-2 hours across dirt roads with no signs and just when you wonder if you're lost you stumble onto the entrance.

Chaco Canyon is one of the reasons why NM is called "The Land of Enchantment."

Old 05-01-2008, 05:18 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaFLA View Post
What I really wanted to know was info on New Mexico attractions, and must see's, & fun stuff to do.
I think most of what was put on Page 1 by the different posters on this thread is what you've asked for.

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 05-01-2008 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Edit 6/3

Old 09-26-2013, 04:47 PM

65 posts, read 153,655 times
Top ten attractions:

1. Blue Hole
2. Old Town
3. Abq Uptown
4. Nob Hill
5. Abq botanical gardens/river of lights
6. Turquoise Trail
7. Santa Fe Plaza
8. The roundhouse
9. Canyon Road
10. Getting green chile and chips and salsa

Dude this thread is 5 years old.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:58 PM

212 posts, read 371,307 times
In no particular order:

Carlsbad Caverns
White Sands
Jemez Mountains
Chaco Canyon
Gila Wilderness
Rio Grande Gorge
Sandia Tramway
Very Large Array
Acoma Sky City
Shiprock

Old 10-20-2018, 12:46 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
The Top Ten Tourist Spots in New Mexico
Travel Tips
Leah Rendon, Leaf Group Updated March 21, 2018

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/top-...co-100290.html

Carlsbad Caverns: Cave Tours
White Sands National Monument: Things to Do
Sandia Peak Tramway: Sandia Peak Restaurants
International UFO Museum: Museum History
Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument: Plan Your Visit
Billy the Kid Museum
Chaco Canyon National Historic Park: Plan Your Visit
Georgia O'Keeffe Museum: Permanent Collection
Palace of the Governors
Harwood Museum of Art: Collections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico