Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 04:59 PM

385 posts, read 1,552,606 times

Advertisements

What typo? The people I spoke to at some length were 16-20 years old and illiterate in my opinion. Or, is it eliterate...anyway....I think I also said the group had some very smart people, didn't I? I also said you were all very nice to me.

I was told by the women I spoke with that you all moved there partly because you prefered the laws in New Mexico regarding home schooling. You all could basically teach anybody what you wanted to without interference.

I found this interaction to be interesting and personally informative. I, too, had heard rumors in the larger community about you all. I think somebody here (may have) pointed out that the rest of us in American life have people who are illiterate, gifted, giving, stubborn, narrow minded, smart, etc. I guess the point I was making poorly is that your group seemed to be an interesting cross section of people.

And, yes, I lie about how I feel today sometimes, how glad I am to see you somedays, how much or little education I have depending on my need to relate to others...definitely, I lie. I think we all do. Those of you I met at the compound told me they were glad they met me and enjoyed speaking to me...was that a lie?

The defensiveness with which you have grasped one of my statements and run to the high heavens with it, is perplexing to me. I think I have been the only one here who gave a more balanced picture of your community. I saw no signs of abused children; I saw no signs of people walking in a daze in lockstep with the leader of the group; I heard peoples opinions on their personal experience. Not one of them told me they wanted to leave or that they were unhappy. Sheez-get over yourself.

Last edited by KimK; 05-18-2008 at 05:11 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 06:19 PM

11 posts, read 22,383 times
Default Illiterate???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimK View Post
What typo? The people I spoke to at some length were 16-20 years old and illiterate in my opinion....

The defensiveness with which you have grasped one of my statements and run to the high heavens with it, is perplexing to me.
Kim,

I like to put the facts on the table and I don't bother with lying. This is not defensiveness, nor is it attacking, it is simply stating the truth. Tell me Kim: if someone announced on a public forum that your children (if you have them) were illiterate, do you think you just might say "sorry folks, that is not true"? If someone printed in the newspaper that you were a child abuser: would it be wrong to say that you weren't, if indeed you had not abused your children, nor any one else's?

Actually, for those who claim I was attacking, I made ample room for the possibility that maybe you had made a mistake in your statement by suggesting it could have been a typo (literate/illiterate). Who then was doing the attacking?

It may be that you are applying a new definition to the word "illiterate". Can you tell me what you meant by using the word "illiterate" as a discription of many of the people here.

The layman's definition of illiterate, as well as that from Websters dictionary follows.

1: having little or no education; especially : unable to read or write

If I recall, weren't you conducting some kind of drug use survey, did you run "reading and writing" tests also?

Terry

Old 05-18-2008, 07:07 PM

I am the first to say that I have illiterate relatives and by that I mean having little or no education. They help round out a very highly educated population where they happen to live. Balance is the key to life. And, no I would not be the first to jump out there and defend them.

Thanks for your graciousness with regard to allowing me to to throw it off on a typo. That is very benevolent of you.

I am sorry you cannot apparently accept anything I have written here as complimentary.Good luck with your community's current problems.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:24 PM

Very well Kim. I'm sure you would have no problem if I made some comments on another thread. I could say something like;

“KimK runs a prostitution service, in which she does most of the servicing. She also has a meth lab on a private piece of property where some illiterate relatives of hers run the meth manufacturing department.

She is very kind however and treats all of her clients like kings, she is well liked. She seems like an extremely bright person. When she is not engaged in these activities, she works on some federal projects.”

As long as I compliment you, then it is ok to have a few slight inaccuracies right Kim?

No one who lived here when you conducted your interviews (or now) was/is illiterate,
unless they were under 8 years of age or so.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:27 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
TCzap - You statement about KimK could be, if seriously meant, considered slander.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:19 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,027,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
TCzap - You statement about KimK could be, if seriously meant, considered slander.
Not really Greg. You see he was just saying he could say something like that. He didn't say that he actually said it.

If he said it then it would be slander. If he wrote it then it would be libel. You see what I mean?

Greg/Lovehound

Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 AM

You know that whole thing of libel/slander is very complicated. Doesn't it also have to do with the ability to be slandered. In other words, if you have been written about in a public forum like a newspaper, I don't think you can be the victim of this type of thing because you have become a public person. I don't know really but I seem to recall something about this. If there is something to that, I don't believe I could be a victim of libel or slander so feel free to sling the barbs all day long.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:29 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,027,990 times
Actually Kim I wrote my whole post just so I could make a play on Terry saying, "I could say something like..." and then going on into the questionably libelous statement. There is the issue that it was clearly stated as an example, but taken out of context it would appear otherwise. But it wasn't taken out of context so it probably isn't libelous.

As far as the great libel/slander issue, not complicated at all:

libel = written defamation
slander = spoken defamation

As far as anybody being a public person, that only comes into play in terms of the standard of proof required for the defamed person to win the lawsuit. Either or both parties could be public figures or private individuals and you might still have a defamation case. I doubt forum members would meet any level of publicness considering that the vast majority of us don't use our real names. In other words, we have not "thrust [ourselves] to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved" because we cannot be identified as specific individuals. (same reference)

Nevertheless it doesn't change the fact that the statement was clearly identified as "if something" rather than being represented as the truth. Case dismissed!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:19 PM

What I find to be so preposterous, is that hundreds of people could communicate lies, be it libel or slanderous things against our little community, and if someone like me points out that these things are actually not true, then the mob says it is I who has committed the error.

KimK's post (#18 in this thread) was loaded with untruths and innuendo, while I chose to point out only the most blatant one of them. Has our society lost its heart and soul towards letting others live freely and practice "free speach". I can tell you that they have. Isn't living freely what being an American is about?

You all may say that lying against us or others is not a big deal. It certainly looks that way from the outside. But wait until someone tells some lies against you one day in the very near future; and you or your children, or husband/wife is thrown in prison, then lying will look vastly different to you. You will remember this post when it happens to you.

The State kidnapped three of our young people a couple weeks ago, based on lies that were presented to the courts. The State would like to see one of our men go to prison for nearly half a century, based on allegations and charges which are founded in lies.

I have previously been incarcerated and had one of my children taken from me, based on lies told by the pack of hyenas that have been encircling our fellowship group for more than two decades. I have had my own parents and siblings lie to judges (they admit it now) in order to further their own agendas. So I know very well what it looks like to be misrepresented to the authorities.

To be honest with you, there have been only rare periods of time when religious freedom was practiced on this earth (including in the U.S.) and that is why the children of God are soon to leave this sorry planet, before the great and final conflagration begins.

-------------------------------------------------------

Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, "higher education" destroys knowledge, governments destroy freedom, corporate media destroys information, atheist destroy free thinking, and religions destroy the voice of God.

Last edited by TerryCzap; 05-19-2008 at 05:33 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 PM

Default Cyfd :-(

As an addendum to the above post, I would like to add a little narrative which exemplifies some of the State activities towards us here at Strong City, which is often propelled into motion by many of our adversaries who have concocted their evil surmising about us. At the time (spring 2004) the projected fear was that we were going to kill ourselves.

I will tell this story, knowing that most people prefer to believe media hype, rather than what is real. I know that these people cannot help themselves.

On numerous occasions the New Mexico child protection services (CYFD - Children, Youth and Family Department) have come out to our property desiring to find something wrong so that they could abduct some of our children. On one visit, somewhere between 8 to 10 law enforcement officers; some from the NM State Police (originating from all over the state) as well as some Union County Sheriff men, arrived as backup for the CYFD raid. If my memory serves me right, there may have been 4 CYFD workers.

All of the children involved, regardless of age, were separated from their parents and interrogated at one of our homes in a room with only the CYFD workers and one of our children inside. This operation went on for several hours while the State Police official who was in charge; who had been waiting outside but observing happy children playing and having fun, then watching them bawl as they were taken from their families and put in rooms with gloomy people whom the children did not know; suddenly said something like “this is child abuse”. He was referring to the CYFD workers with their dark countenances and bad attitudes.

He then went into the room where a child was being interrogated, and spoke to the head CYFD worker, asking her if she had completed her investigation. Ms. CYFD said “no” she wasn’t done. Mr. State Trooper said “yes” you are done, and ordered her to leave our property, along with her cohorts.

The dark spirited CYFD workers left, but it was easy to see that they were highly perturbed and we figured we had not yet seen the last of the child abductors. A few weeks ago the latest contest began afresh as they stole three of our young people (ages 12 and 2@ 16), all of whom still claim they have not been abused or harmed either physically or sexually by Michael Travesser (the one being charged with a crime), nor anyone else.

Last edited by TerryCzap; 05-19-2008 at 11:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico