U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,275 times

Advertisements

Is Deming a town with a future? I want to invest in Real Estate and I had a magical experience there many years ago and have never forgotten it! BB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2006, 10:01 PM

610 posts, read 2,216,695 times
Deming is, I think, the migrating-bird capital of the country. Many people from all over are looking to it as a retirement/second home site.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:13 PM

48 posts, read 146,072 times
Default deming new mexico

I like Deming, nice small town 14,000 people. I recently bought 5 acres.for retirement or may be sooner.Deming is growing and has a promising future now that ordenance 37 passed.I recently read in the local paper deming head light a texas developer will be building a 4 expandable to six movie theater entertainmen t complex with 14 lane bowling alley and sports bar/resturant,Deming has been discovered'.with AARP recently naming Las cruses as number 3 spot in the nation to retire and less than 50 miles away people are fast going to realize Deming is a true value lots of things to do, investors are already.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:21 PM

48 posts, read 146,072 times
What kind of majic was found in demng?

Old 12-31-2006, 11:39 AM

25 posts, read 85,164 times
Default Deming

Deming has some of the most down to earth people on the planet!

All you have to do is attend one of the Duck Race events and you will
see how Great Deming can be. I will always remember my first Deming Duck Parade. It seemed like half the county was in the parade and the other half
was watching.

It has great restaurants; it is about a half hour from Palomas Mexico and the famous "Pink Store" and about and hour from
Silver City and its many art galleries.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 PM

4 posts, read 10,906 times
Thumbs up We love Deming.

My husband and I retired here from southern California 10 years ago. The town is growing fast and developers are just buying up land like crazy. If you want to retire here, better invest in something soon. Prices of local homes increased by 27% last year alone. Rural land is another thing. A few years ago you could buy up all the land you wanted for $500 half acre but times have changed. Reasons: Spaceport America, Rocket City, and the still low real estate prices as compared to Las Cruces, 55 miles on up the road. We like it here and walk all over the place with no worry about crime.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:35 PM

271 posts, read 799,593 times
Default anybody love Deming

I live in NM and I keep wondering what makes Deming grow. I would guess it
might be how close it is to Palomas, Mex., Las Cruces and Silver City. I know
it has a cuter downtown than Truth or Consequences but compared to some
towns I have been looking at for retirement in the Midwest it doesn't seem
very quaint at all. maybe I am missing something. It does sound like more
is going on than in Truth or Consequences though. Possibly I do need to give
it another look.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:21 PM

82 posts, read 240,429 times
Default Deming Neighborhoods

What are considered good residential neighborhoods in Deming? What areas should be avoided? Relocating from Massachusetts in retirement. Trying to get as much information from locals and repeat visitors as possible. Sure do appreciate whatever you can offer.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:06 AM

56 posts, read 298,251 times
Can I get a few recommendations relative to good motels and places to eat in Deming? Going to be there at the end of March, '07. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-07-2007, 09:53 AM

82 posts, read 240,429 times
Default Deming visit

I am going to be in Deming at end of March as well. I chose Springhill Suites because of location to Mesilla. This will be my first visit so can't offer any recomendations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico