Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:35 PM

710 posts, read 2,953,679 times

Advertisements

Noda's in Rio Rancho hands down. This is authentic Japenses food and sushi at its finest. My wife says it is better than anything she had in San Francisco!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 AM

12 posts, read 55,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaAirmac View Post
We like Azuma on San Mateo for a nice balance of portion/price/quality and it has a Teppan grill if you want to go that direction. Also, Crazy Fish in Nob Hill has never disappointed us and has a nice ambiance. They have a seafood salad that's big enough to be shared as an opener and has big pieces of fish. Delicious!
I have to second Azuma for quality and service. We were told by the staff, that the restaurant is family-owned which is always great in my book. Even the gyoza we ordered as appetizer was delish.

I hope to go there again when I visit ABQ in the future. Hopefully sooner than later! I miss your city.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:10 PM

70 posts, read 213,599 times
Wow!! Sushi In Abq. Who Would Have Thought? I Love It! Bacich

Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 PM

1,566 posts, read 4,407,690 times
You're right, Bacich: sushi in Albuquerque exists.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a restaurant that offers a wide variety of delicious, fresh sushi, you'd better look west.

Looking for the perfect sushi in Albuquerque is like looking for the perfect chile in Los Angeles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacich View Post
Wow!! Sushi In Abq. Who Would Have Thought? I Love It! Bacich

Old 06-12-2008, 04:32 PM

115 posts, read 470,072 times
Ok well .. we went to Samurai aaaand didn't like it I am kinda mad for spending that much on Sushi that was not as fresh as it should be but well it happenend and we know better know.

I unfortunately had no internet connection and just saw the other restaurants you guys recommended.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:07 PM

6 posts, read 25,795 times
My favorite's are The Sushi King downtown next to Tucano's and used to be Necco sushi on Coors and Irving, is now also Sushi King. I really, really like both! However, my sushi restaurant experience is limited. So thanks Mortimer for that extremely informative post!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 AM

3,556 posts, read 10,184,108 times
I lOVE SUSHI on San Mateo?!

(but just for the Mexican teppan chefs )

Old 07-28-2008, 03:40 PM

710 posts, read 2,953,679 times
Sumo Sushi downtown is also good, but again NODA's is tops in this city! I Love Sushi is good as well.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:25 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,968,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Sorry but *ugh*

Can't imagine going to ABQ and eating sushi. But that's just me.

I am sure others will know of a good place.
I'd agree with Towanda insofar as to note that, if you're just visiting Albuquerque, a tourist appetite would be much better served on the marvelous local fare of New Mexico. New Mexican and Southeastern cuisine is an entire culinary genre all its own, and a wonderful one at that.

However, I also "LOVE" sushi, and it's only fair to all inland seafood joints to note that, if you're willing to shoulder the price hike, many of said inland seafood joints have got the ability to store and transport their food so as to maintain a comparable freshness to coastal locales. Ah yes, the modern age.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 PM

17,919 posts, read 24,183,302 times
If you love sushi (and are not a purist) You should try the green-chile rolls. They are often called by different names but all consist of a tempura chile in an otherwise traditional maki-roll

ABQConvict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico