Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:31 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

I hate summer.

Me too.

And this was supposed to be the year that I finally loved summer.

Oh well, ya gotta laugh about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwx View Post
Since the subject of this thread was about dry heat, I'll point out the humidity in Santa Fe was less than 10 percent this afternoon.
Exactly, mrgoodwx.

If it weren't for the 10% humidity, I would be screaming right now.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:48 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwx View Post
It really depends on what part of town you're talking about. Temperatures in Santa Fe typically exhibit a bit of diversity. At the cooperative station in town, temperatures have hit 90 degrees an average of 19.5 times per year since 1972. At the airport (lower elevation, far fewer trees), the average is about 30 times per year. However, quite a few people who live on the western and southern fringes of town experience temperatures similar to the airport. The airport has hit 90 degrees 9 days this month so far, including the last 5. Since the subject of this thread was about dry heat, I'll point out the humidity in Santa Fe was less than 10 percent this afternoon.
The low humidity here is also a lifesaver.

So you really can't escape these hot temps much of anywhere in NM other than up around Chama, Red River, et al.

But it's better than the 110 in Midland.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Me too.

And this was supposed to be the year that I finally loved summer.

Oh well, ya gotta laugh about it.
Might as well.......Midland, TX has already hit 110, according to what someone told me yesterday on the phone....ugh!!!!

I am SO glad I ended up with refrigerated air.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:09 AM

2 posts, read 9,415 times
Default Not a dry heat here... in fact there's no heat at all...

We still use our electric blankets at night and are still wearing jackets during the day and we aren't happy. I've even flipped the heater back on a couple of times to take the chill off. We'd love a bit of your sun & dry heat right now.

Actually it wouldn't be bad if it wasn't so damp - the chilly damp just seeps into your bones.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpx View Post
We still use our electric blankets at night and are still wearing jackets during the day and we aren't happy. I've even flipped the heater back on a couple of times to take the chill off. We'd love a bit of your sun & dry heat right now.

Actually it wouldn't be bad if it wasn't so damp - the chilly damp just seeps into your bones.
Where are you that you're still wearing jackets during the day?

I know what you mean on the damp cold. The few times I've been in such.....it does make old knee injuries ACHE bad!!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:07 AM

429 posts, read 1,477,283 times
The Seattle area. We have a little weekend news segment called "Gardening with Cisco" and they are still in their fleece jackets gardening away. Sad, I tell you, just sad. My roses have been giving me the dirtiest of looks... my peonies have finally decided to come out of hiding...

But today is a happy day - the sun is trying very, very hard to come out from behind the clouds. Oh Happy Day, Oh Happy Day!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:22 AM

286 posts, read 1,322,184 times
You know, 2 weeks ago we had snow here. We still needed to use the space heaters at night for a couple hours in the kids' rooms. Today, it's warm and sunny - of course, the long time residents are complaining it's too hot, but I'm enjoying it. All I have to do is mention the snowfall this past winter and everyone quits complaining!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,327 times
Partly sunny here in Maine. Low 60s with 88% humidity. I'll gladly take some of your heat.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyInSeattle View Post
The Seattle area. We have a little weekend news segment called "Gardening with Cisco" and they are still in their fleece jackets gardening away. Sad, I tell you, just sad.

I WOULD LOVE IT if I had to wear a jacket right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico