Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM

3 posts, read 6,391 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for your great information!!!!! We currently live in the country, 15 miles from a town of 100,000 and 35 miles from a town we both work at, that has 35,000 people. We are open minded about where we live -- just want it reasonably close to a military base so that we can use our benefits. I will continue my search on the internet for as much info as I can find and am looking forward to our trip in a few weeks. I already have a good feeling that we will find an area we like!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 03:31 PM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times
Default Alamogordo and Las Cruces are too Hot

But if you like hot weather those are the Place to live. I prefer my weather less then 100 degrees in the Middle of July so i like the center of N.M. but winters can get to 20 below with plenty of Snow something Alamogordo or even Tularosa dont get much of. TIP the Further North you live from Alamogordo the Cooler the Temps. Also if your coming to visit Alamogordo check out Santa Rosa for Sightseeing and Ft Summner and Roswell and Ruidoso and the Mescalero Reservation and the Old Churches in these Areas before you get to Alamogordo. Ive always wanted to Walk all the Tourist Shops in Ruidoso. But of course Alamogordo is just a few miles toward Cloudcroft where the temps can be 15 or 20 degrees colder in the summer. Rent or Rent to Own if you can and Explore N.M. is my Advice to Everyone if you need to get to Hospitals or other Facilities and you can drive a few extra miles it might be worth it towards finding your Dream Place Today more then ever there are Great Deals in finding the right place. Placing an ad can be the Answer towards finding that right place in the Right Area. Remember that Forest Fires and Wild Animals can be a Problem now here in N.M. pintada kid @ webtv.net

Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redy2retire View Post
Thanks everyone for your great information!!!!! We currently live in the country, 15 miles from a town of 100,000 and 35 miles from a town we both work at, that has 35,000 people. We are open minded about where we live -- just want it reasonably close to a military base so that we can use our benefits. I will continue my search on the internet for as much info as I can find and am looking forward to our trip in a few weeks. I already have a good feeling that we will find an area we like!!!!!!!
While only an trip will tell you for sure on your thoughts ask away on any questions Redy2retire as we like to plug away about our state to newcombers. Many people on here are highly knowlegable about the different areas of this big and beautiful state.

6/3

Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Mortimer isn't called the second biggest curmudgeon for nothing! BTW, who is #1?
I don't think anyone has claimed the #1 title yet.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redy2retire View Post
You might even want to check out the Elephant Butte area, there's a lot of retired people there and they seem to like it quite a bit.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:30 PM

299 posts, read 1,152,883 times
Hi CindyBQuilts,

Have been enjoying your posts. Being a military retiree and disabled veteran I am also concerned with the VA and base facilities. We decided on Albuquerque because of the accessibility of those facilities. Would you mind imparting some wisdom on this Old Goat as to why you chose Alamo over ABQ in regards the facilities that we both require.

Thanks,

jOE

Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,076,111 times
Towanda posted:

> Originally Posted by DOUBLE H
> > Mortimer ... second biggest curmudgeon ... who is #1?

> I don't think anyone has claimed the #1 title yet.

Er, .... actually, I just waded in and *claimed* #2 for myself, greedy little t_rd that I am.

In good conscience, I could not lay claim to #1 since I believe that ranking belongs to Zoidberg.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:29 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsret View Post
Hi CindyBQuilts,

Have been enjoying your posts. Being a military retiree and disabled veteran I am also concerned with the VA and base facilities. We decided on Albuquerque because of the accessibility of those facilities. Would you mind imparting some wisdom on this Old Goat as to why you chose Alamo over ABQ in regards the facilities that we both require.

Thanks,

jOE
I am not Cindy, but many here in Alamo go down to Beaumont in El Paso. Its an 80 mile drive, but I heard that they will be building a new hosp on base, and the VA will take over this hosp. 6/3 may know more about that. The AFB is right out of town for close things. We have lots of retired miltary in Alamo.
Hope this helps.
Jane

Old 06-16-2008, 05:44 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
I am not Cindy, but many here in Alamo go down to Beaumont in El Paso. Its an 80 mile drive, but I heard that they will be building a new hosp on base, and the VA will take over this hosp. 6/3 may know more about that. The AFB is right out of town for close things. We have lots of retired miltary in Alamo.
Hope this helps.
Jane

You know as much as i do about this Chilegal ...but that's what they are saying over in the El Paso Forums about a new 500 million hospital at Ft.Bliss so who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico