U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2008, 11:14 AM

172 posts, read 388,333 times
Default Well I'm glad I moved to NM

Wow so I've been posting on the CT forums in threads that pertain to my life and genuinely trying to help people out by the experiences I've had (lots of racism, lots of rich people thinking they're better than everyone) and I'm basically being attacked on the boards because I said one negative thing about their state. I used to think the NM forums were bad but that was nothing! So yeah all I can say is I'm SO glad I got out of CT when I had the chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 10:32 AM

47,586 posts, read 33,814,301 times
I think it's okay for people to point out what they like and also what they don't like because those moving into a place are checking and want to be prepared.

It's kind of like the hot weather/cold weather type of debate. Someone moving into an area might as well hear that some people hate snow for example but others really enjoy it - then they can make up their own mind or realize that you can even adjust your attitude if you have to about weather. Or -- if you have a choice in where you are going, you might want to pay attention to the weather details.

Everyone isn't suited to every place -- and some people have no choice about moving but they can at least be prepared or brace themselves or whatever.

New Mexico is probably my favorite state, but I don't think it would appeal too much to those who want a whole lot of operas and ballets, or who really enjoy big city living. Or if having lots of bodies of water around is important, then NM is not for you.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:57 AM

172 posts, read 388,333 times
Lol well I posted something about how it's a lot less humid here so it makes the summers more bearable, and I was personally attacked by them stated that NM ranked 49th in the forbe's list of quality of life or something. I was like whatever I can post what I want and have a genuine opinion on something considering the fact I lived most of my life in CT and I got a warning for "trolling." So basically my view is that I won't post anything on that forum anymore, and I'm just glad I don't have to live anywhere near that moderator (who has no life whatsoever and needs to feel like there is absolutely nothing negative about living in CT and shoot down anyone who posts a negative aspect). My feeling now is that if people want to move to CT good for them, they can find out for themselves how unfriendly it really is to live there (that certain moderator is a very good example of how people really are there).

Old 06-16-2008, 07:14 AM

266 posts, read 859,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppybunn View Post
Lol well I posted something about how it's a lot less humid here so it makes the summers more bearable, and I was personally attacked by them stated that NM ranked 49th in the forbe's list of quality of life or something.
Ah yes, Forbe's and other "quality of life" rankings. The preferred mode of defense against CD forum naysayers. Ironically, the integrity of such lists is immediately cast into doubt when used in an condemning manner.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:31 AM

12,990 posts, read 23,592,527 times
Hi Hoppybunn....and welcome to NM !! I see you are Native American as i was wondering are you and your tribe from the east coast or from out here in the west??

Also if you feel the CT Mod is treating you unfairly you can send a PM to Markablue as she is the Senior Mod on city data and she will investigate.

Complaints

Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 AM

5,553 posts, read 9,128,140 times
hoppybunn reported:

> ... NM ranked 49th in the forbe's list of quality of life ...

Good. 50th would be better, but I'll take 49rh.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:50 PM

11,806 posts, read 13,624,305 times
I'm quite sure that Forbe's criteria for judging "quality of life" and mine are quite different.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 PM

5,553 posts, read 9,128,140 times
As long as they rank NM at or near the bottom, I'm cool with Forbes rankings.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:48 PM

146 posts, read 284,487 times
Yes, a lot of the debates are like people disagreeing on temperature. 32 degrees in Dec/Jan is warm to me (when it was below zero this last winter), but to someone from Florida, it would be unbearably cold!

It's all in the attitude.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:13 PM

104 posts, read 245,651 times
I knew a woman that lived in NM 7 or 8 years because of something she did in Virginia. She was afraid to go back. She wore a medicine bag around her neck and smoked a pipe. Quite a character. I think of her sometimes because she had some interesting stories.... but we convinced her that she could go back and she finally did one day. The Big trouble she was running from ended up as nothing. IMHO, She spent 8 years of her life in NM on the run for nothing.

Every once in while the news will have a story about someone discovered dead in a tent in the wilderness. They moved to the area recently and disappeared. That was the last their friends or relations heard from them. It's sad how people seem to bring their troubles with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico