U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-20-2008, 08:11 AM

2,599 posts, read 601,522 times
Default T or C walmart thread closed, thanks

thanks for closing the thread ENJOYEP MODERATOR! We don't expect you to undstand the importance of this, and you closed the post because of how YOU felt about it, pros and cons of a new business opening. Since you're in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we don't expect you to undestand the importance, you have everything YOU NEED, walmarts, pick n saves, sams clubs, kohls, piggly wiggly, sears, while, SIERRA COUNTY NEW MEXICO HAS NOTHING but a bunch of run down businesses. You should have closed all threads relating to T or C, because they relate to the pros and cons of the town too. And, I am not comparing apples to oranges either. This new business opening in T or C, Sierra County IS A BIG THING FOR US! Since residents will not have to travel 70 miles to SAVE MONEY. But, Since you are in Milwaukee Wisconsin where you always save money anyway, the cost of living in Sierra County IS considerably much higher than Milwaukee. We browsed pick n saves stor ads online yesterday to campare how much more we are spending on food than you all in Wisconsin are, and it's unbelievable how much more we spend on groceries. When I did the post about wally world, I was trying to solicit opinions of local residents, of which businesses established in T or C would be going out first, and I think you jumped the gun! Thanks a lot pal. wally world IS the first BIG BUSINESS to open in SIERRA COUNTY IN 100 YEARS! and you, must think that it's no big deal.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:26 AM

3,060 posts, read 6,091,972 times
The previous thread was not closed because a moderator had a problem with discussion of new businesses in T or C - that is a valid topic for discussion.

As I understand it, the thread was closed because it was declining into a pro-Walmart, anti-Walmart discussion. I think there are other and better places on City-Data forum where national issues, such as the growth of Walmart could be better discussed.

If you have an issue with an action by a moderator, please contact the moderator privately and do not start a new thread just to complain about the person.

If you want to start a thread about the business climate and future in T or C, feel free. If it turns into a discussion about the pros and cons of Walmart, it will be closed; that topic has been discussed at length in the past.

I'm going to close down this thread.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico