U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 AM

172 posts, read 377,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairz View Post
Here's a story I just read in Tony Hillerman's book, The Shape Shifter:

~clairz
HAHA so I took a trip to the East Coast and I totally read this entire book on the way there. I was actually kind of disappointed though in the ending of the book, I thought it would be more supernatural
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 01:23 AM

185 posts, read 372,293 times
I grew up near the navajo reservation (Am white) and heard these stories all the time going up. Most of them typically involved a person with wolf/dog/coyote skin over himself and him running beside a car on 666 (now 491) from shiprock to gallup or vice-versa. Stories always involve this human/animal keeping up with the car (one was an activity bus for my high school's football team). Whether they are true or not, we all love urban legends and ghost stories.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:22 PM

8 posts, read 22,991 times
Skinwalkers? Nah. I grew up here in Gallup [I'm Navajo by the way] and heard all sorts of crazy "skinwalker" stories from friends and family from here and within the rez. But personally... I've never experienced anything that extraordinary. Sure I'll admit I've seen and experienced things deep within my culture that are unexplainable and mysterious, but as far as seeing a skinwalker, nah, I question their existence.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:46 AM

YouTube - Night Walker here's a good youtube video with a short clip of 2 navajo girls encountering a skinwalker (it's not real but gives you an idea).

Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 5,448 times
Default navajo skin walkers

when me and my sister were coming back from a rodeo at round rock about 10pm.. we've seem a skin walker by chinle and then again at burnside..we've seem this skin walker like 3 times..before we got to holbrook..

Old 12-12-2008, 01:49 PM

7,064 posts, read 11,300,343 times
Probably a dog. They like to chase cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboABQ View Post
I grew up near the navajo reservation (Am white) and heard these stories all the time going up. Most of them typically involved a person with wolf/dog/coyote skin over himself and him running beside a car on 666 (now 491) from shiprock to gallup or vice-versa. Stories always involve this human/animal keeping up with the car (one was an activity bus for my high school's football team). Whether they are true or not, we all love urban legends and ghost stories.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:28 PM

3 posts, read 14,258 times
Haha. Hey.
While i was going to school in Exeter, NH.
There are Some Ba'la'Goona's (White) Kids there.
and they would ask me dumb questions.Since I'm a Navajo from Arizona.
Yeah. i got annyoed so i told them about Ya'nii'gloshis. (Skin walkers) and they freaking **** their pants!
i was laughing for days because i would say i see one running around outside haha

yeah I don't think their are Skinwalkers running around because i live on the reservation for years and ever since i was a boy i would walk around at night and go to canyons and everywhere. Their won't be any.

My friends claim their be Ga'shii'de.(cursed) But i don't believe them.

HAHA. i mean c'mon!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaUndead View Post
Haha. Hey.
While i was going to school in Exeter, NH.
There are Some Ba'la'Goona's (White) Kids there.
and they would ask me dumb questions.Since I'm a Navajo from Arizona.
Yeah. i got annyoed so i told them about Ya'nii'gloshis. (Skin walkers) and they freaking **** their pants!
i was laughing for days because i would say i see one running around outside haha

yeah I don't think their are Skinwalkers running around because i live on the reservation for years and ever since i was a boy i would walk around at night and go to canyons and everywhere. Their won't be any.

My friends claim their be Ga'shii'de.(cursed) But i don't believe them.

HAHA. i mean c'mon!
I don't know if there really are skinwalkers but I've heard too many stories from family members regarding thingsnrhat can't be explained by normal means. For example the montains here are said to harbor an evil spirit or being so no one in our tribe goes up that mountain but we allow tourists to go hiking there all they like. Some don't return nor is there any trace of them. However this was in Cali, out in new mexico it can be really spooky outside at night when you're alone, especially since the moon is so bright you see shadows everywhere. Skinwalker or animal? Who knows.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:53 AM

Blah......

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnC6mQuiGEE]YouTube - navajo skin walker[/url]

WATCH WATCH WATCH...

Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 AM

Talking Skinwalkers!

Blah......

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnC6mQuiGEE]YouTube - navajo skin walker[/url]

WATCH WATCH WATCH...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico