U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 AM

215 posts, read 753,664 times

Advertisements

I'm in the mountains near Cloudcroft, and it's been raining like crazy here. On July 10, I left town for a few days and came home to 4" in my rain gauge. Then I was home for a week and saw another 1-2 inches.

Last Monday, I left town for five days and came home to almost 2" in the gauge.

I got home late Friday night, and it was just starting to rain again. It's been raining almost nonstop since then. I just now had to go out and empty the gauge because it was overflowing. We've had 4" in the past 36 hours.

We've had a good foot or so of rain in the past couple of weeks. Woo-hoo!

Anywhere else in NM raining like this? How about down in Alamo? Any flooding? What's going on up north?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 11:17 AM

5,080 posts, read 8,039,939 times
I guess you have not heard about Hurricane Dolly.. she hit Brownsville, moved up the Rio Grande, and hit and stalled over El Paso as a Tropical Depression. Been dumping rain for the last couple days.. before that just your normal Monsoon moisture. So Cloudcroft has been feeling the effects of that.. and with your dew point a bit better than that of the desert.. I am sure your getting a good soaking up there.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 AM

9,191 posts, read 19,091,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecc View Post
I'm in the mountains near Cloudcroft, and it's been raining like crazy here. On July 10, I left town for a few days and came home to 4" in my rain gauge. Then I was home for a week and saw another 1-2 inches.

Last Monday, I left town for five days and came home to almost 2" in the gauge.

I got home late Friday night, and it was just starting to rain again. It's been raining almost nonstop since then. I just now had to go out and empty the gauge because it was overflowing. We've had 4" in the past 36 hours.

We've had a good foot or so of rain in the past couple of weeks. Woo-hoo!

Anywhere else in NM raining like this? How about down in Alamo? Any flooding? What's going on up north?
I haven't been to town all weekend, but from the information in the paper, minor flooding on Scenic and other parts of Alamo. We got +/- 1.5 inches yesterday.

We got more rain last night, and it was a little harder downpour this morning, 40% chance of more today.

Whoooo Hooo! We aren't getting the rain that CC and Timberon are, but grateful for it just the same!!

Old 07-27-2008, 11:46 AM

215 posts, read 753,664 times
Ah, thanks for the info, Muhnay. I did hear about Dolly before leaving town, and then I lost touch with the world before the storm made landfall. I didn't realize its effects were still moving west. Actually, I did go through El Paso briefly but never noticed anything major. Just a little more humidity in the air.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:31 PM

6,619 posts, read 2,184,547 times
Okay, guys, you could send some of the rain our way. We've only had about .10 of rain in the last couple of weeks and that was on the south side of town. We didn't get near that on the north side...got just enough to spot up the dust on the car. All we are getting is the lousy humidity...thank goodness for refrigerated air!

Old 07-27-2008, 12:50 PM

949 posts, read 2,949,265 times
We got drizzle all day in Nambe and then serious rain all night. No rain gauge but the wheelbarrow has a lot of water in it and I don't think it came off the roof. Was this Dolly this far north?

Old 07-27-2008, 03:14 PM

550 posts, read 1,405,234 times
Thumbs up Timberon Rain

The airfield weather station at Timberon shows 9.40 inches so far for the month. Looks like we will be hauling gravel up the drive way and filling it back in, when we get back up.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:11 PM

4,264 posts, read 8,154,778 times
We have had alot of rain not to sure of actual amounts here in Alamo. Normal flooding that usually occurs with rain here. It started Saturday early morning, rained pretty much all day, then last night and until probably 10:30 this morning. Nice for Alamo's water storage not so nice for those of us who have swamp coolers. I am looking forward to not having to water my garden for a couple of days. I am really looking forward to the humidity taking a hike in about 2 months.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:04 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,716,131 times
Timberon got about 6" of rain but other parts of town got less. Water is running over the road by the firestation, as we are getting all the water from Scott Able.
David, do you want a picture of your place??? It would give me a chance to go see your MIL..
Jane

Old 07-29-2008, 05:22 PM

550 posts, read 1,405,234 times
Smile Pleeaaassseee! and Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Timberon got about 6" of rain but other parts of town got less. Water is running over the road by the firestation, as we are getting all the water from Scott Able.
David, do you want a picture of your place??? It would give me a chance to go see your MIL..
Jane
Yes, Jane that would br great if it has not slid down the hill!
I was wondering how much gravel Terri is going to have to move back up the drive!LOL
David
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico