U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 11:03 AM
LLD

654 posts, read 2,154,541 times

Advertisements

And yeah Frontier is good too! That cinnamon roll....to die for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 08:42 PM

271 posts, read 780,353 times
Default Relocation To New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Thanks for your thoughts on Albuquerque and comparisons to Louisville. Your opinions are appreciated. As you probably know, we live approx 100 miles NW of Louisville out in the woods of southern Indiana.

After much thought and discussion plus great feedback from others on this forum, we have pretty much decided that our relocation from Indiana will probably be somewhere in Arkansas. By doing so, we'll keep the things we've grown to love since childhood ... namely, the hills, trees, greenery, vegetable garden, familiar critters, etc. New Mexico was beautiful when I rode through on a motorcycle venture, but it may not be exactly what we're looking for as a retirement home ... aside from the beautiful climate and mountain vistas.

Best of luck as you acclimate to your new home.
Hello:
I'm considering relocating to New Mexico, I have lived in Chicago, Texas, Alabama and Arkansas. I'm going to NM because of the dry climate since I suffer from arthritis and the humidity makes it worse. I'm also an artist and I love the art invironment that one breaths in NM. Arkansas is really very nice and the cost of living is much lower than in NM. I lived in Hot Springs and I loved it except for the humidity, there is Hot Springs Village a few miles out side Hot Springs that has been built for retirees, it's a gated community and it has many amenities and nice homes. I haven't decided what part of NM I will chose, this weekend I'll be travelling to Las Cruces to check that region and in April I'll be going to ABQ and Santa Fe to check that area too.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:53 PM

3,059 posts, read 6,287,475 times
Good luck on your search, tito.

I hope you find a location that is just the right match for you!

Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 AM

145 posts, read 212,927 times
Good luck finding a new home with a more user-friendly climate. Making a move for better health really makes sense since it may provide a better quality of life for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico