U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-31-2006, 07:23 AM

4 posts, read 12,584 times

Advertisements

Morning

We are a near-retirement couple from Erie, PA and will be staying in Elephant Butte, NM for the month of September 2007.

We will be looking to retire in this fair city. Any information will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2006, 03:59 PM
BEB

7 posts, read 15,631 times
Hi My husband and I will retire ther in 07 too.We bought a place there in DEC. and love it.If you are looking for a peaceful yet booming place to be, E.B. is for you.Growth is taking place a a good pace ,New golf course and plans to expand the city with lots of upgrades and a vision towards attracting vacationers to E.B.Lake is on the board.Prices for land are beginning to go up..Developers are buying land .I would suggest that you come look now.Dave Armstrong at Coldwell Banker is the agent who helped us.Great guy,pays attention to what you want.You can find his # in the book.Hope to see you there...BEB

Old 02-07-2006, 09:18 PM

Hi BEB:
I typed the date wrong in the first thread. We are retiring in 2007 but we are staying in Elephant Butte September of this year 2006 at the Enchanted View RV Park.
Have been looking at the ads, and will probably see a realtor in September. Thanks for a name.
May I ask what area you bought in??
We will have to meet in Elephant Butte in 2007, for coffee, lol.
Take Care,
SAS

Old 02-07-2006, 09:54 PM
BEB

Hi again...We bought on the golf course,Nice older area but once again the new golf course is going in and we have a beautiful view of the fairway.We looked in many areas including beach front property but decided we wanted to be away from the sport side of things.EB is small but some holiday weekends it goes to over 100,000 people.Have you been before??If not you might want to check out Lakeside R.V. Park..The people are the BEST and My husband and I loved it there.Dave was the manager for 3 years and he is very familiar with the area.Hodges restaurant is the place to meet EVERYONE in EB.We love it there to..Best Huevous Ranchero in the state!!!Will see you there Sept 07.Check out the Turtleback Mountain Resort site and Lakeside R.V. park too.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:45 AM

Smile Information

Dear BEB:

Wow, thanks for all that great information.
We will see you at Hodges Restaurant on Sept 07.

SAS

Old 02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
BEB

Hi ,Didnt mean Sept 7th meant Sept 2007.lol We will ge there off and on but unfortunately we dont retire till then.Have some R.V. friends living there till we can be there .We are in California .If you would like info on realty tho you can email Dave at davea@riolink.com.He sent us lots of pics of houses to look at before we could get there.Tell him Barbara and Gary gave you his name from the EB forum.Good to talk with you. BEB

Old 02-16-2006, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,945 times
Thumbs up Elephant Butte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwssas
Morning

We are a near-retirement couple from Erie, PA and will be staying in Elephant Butte, NM for the month of September 2007.

We will be looking to retire in this fair city. Any information will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks.
gwssas
If you want to get a lot of info about E.B. stop by the Church at the Butte an ask for pastor Robert Rachuig (last name pronounced) rockway, he knows almost everyone in the eb area an he knows what is going on in the city he is a member of the Rotary Club of EB. The church is right across the street from the postoffice. I moved here from Mich. ten years ago an it is a very nice place to live. Also BeB is right about the Lake Side rv park it's the best in town an i've seen them all. also check out the newspaper at www.heraldpub.com for local news an weather the paper is located in TorC but that is only 5mi away from us. I live in the second filing area zoned R-1a. Elephant Butte hasn't been a town that long about 6 or 7 yrs. I try to take the Pastor fishing about once a wk throughout the summer an fall, the fishing is good if thats what you like to do. We also do some off roading up in the mountains in the summer an fall.
tdwms

Last edited by tdwms; 02-16-2006 at 08:33 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 07:03 PM

728 posts, read 1,298,280 times
We are also relocating to Elephant Butte from Colorado, hopefully by mid-next year. WE recently purchased some horse acreage about 10 minutes from town. We subscribed to the Herald recently and it helps with the transition. Gives you a feel for the community. A few blogs exist that can be informative as well, as is this forum. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico