Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:10 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,017,548 times

Advertisements

I remember 9-11, as I was working and had the radio on. Later in the week, we were asked if we would go to NYC as part of the Salvation Army Disaster team, and we said yes. My husband and I were there over Christmas, and the most memorable time was going to midnight mass on the 24th under the metal cross. There were survivors, people that lost loved ones, police, firemen and construction workers, and those of us that were there to serve. It was the only hour that all equiptment was shut down until they were finished with the clean-up. I was in site #2, which was a small tent where the workers came to get warm for a few minutes each night. I worked 3-11 shift.
Also one of the flight attendants was from Alamogordo, a former policeman. I don't remember which plane he was on.
Jane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,556,241 times
It was a beautiful in Canada. The place I was staying had no TV (it was 2 months before I saw video footage), but I heard 3 different radio commentators say "we need to cut back on civil liberties"... wtf? A few days later I heard Bush's "big speech" and I was ashamed and amazed at how stupid it was. Somehow he was spun into being a great statesman. I thought I was in the twilight zone... still do...

Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 PM

775 posts, read 2,581,864 times
Default My Memories of 9 11

I was up early so i could get some Practice on my guitar and from my practice room i get a View of the Sunrise every morning and the morning of 9 11 i noticed that the Sunrise was a Bright Orange Red and Lasted longer then usual and then my email on my Webtv box started to light up and i kept reading about each plane as it was hitting each target. And then the News kept showing them over and over. I think that in my opinion we rushed into the Iraq war because of 9 11 and also because of Oil. >>>>>> Before we went to Iraq i wrote a letter to a County paper in N.M. saying we shouldnt go to War because if we did 100s thousands possibly Millions of people would Die because of the war and my Predictions came True well they are still coming True. Im Also the one who Predicted the Wild Animals would come to town for Lunch. Im Also Predicting that we will have a Pinon Crop in Spots in N.M. this month of September hopefully we will be able to pick a couple lbs an hour of Pinon. I predict that Pinon is gonna be Scarce and Expensive. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 09-05-2008, 09:35 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,988,349 times
I was at work and we had a tv in the lobby,it was a slow day and I could see the tv from where I was working and I was trying to see what was going on but my boss told me to stop watching and get back to work like it was no big deal even though planes were crashing into the WTC.

I remember hearing about the Oklahoma City bombing also,I heard about it in school when it happened and I think I was in 7th grade at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico