Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:54 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,285,841 times

Advertisements

Wow, you have had lots of critters as pets.

Tell me about your raccoon. (One of my favorites)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 04:09 PM

717 posts, read 1,950,239 times
I don't have them all now. Most have gone to their rewards long ago...including the raccoon The Rac used to love to wrestle! There was no end to his rolly polly enthusiasm! His hands were so nimble and his mind was super sharp. At the time (mid 1970's) I had a liquor store in Denver and he was our mascot!!! He'd sit up on the counter and get affection while I rang up sales. Bud was so cool with that mask. Very strong too for his size. One of the neatest animal buddies I ever had. He is missed.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:09 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,147,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
two tarantula's (Frank and Ernest...Frank ate Ernest )
You should NEVER house tarantulas together (even the so called "communal species"). Unless you were trying to mate them, they should not be together. If you truly loved those critters, you should have researched them a little before you bought them. A tarantula died needlessly.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:14 PM

717 posts, read 1,950,239 times
Exclamation Frank Was Long In The Fang

Actually, they were "gift's" and technically my brother's spiders. He kept them seperated with a glass partition in his display tank. The exhibit was in our bar (The Yucca) here in Denver...along with the many fish...I almost forgot our 3' electric eel!!! Someone jostled the tank late one night and the partition dislodged, thereby allowing the spiders to mingle and mangle.

Frank went on to live a very long life and devoured numberless crickets.

Last edited by dracul; 12-10-2007 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Never trust a spider named Frank

Old 12-10-2007, 04:37 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,147,451 times
Quote:
Actually, they were "gift's" and technically my brother's spiders. He kept them seperated with a glass partition in his display tank. The exhibit was in our bar (The Yucca) here in Denver...along with the many fish...I almost forgot our 3' electric eel!!! Someone jostled the tank late one night and the partition dislodged, thereby allowing the spiders to mingle and mangle.

Frank went on to live a very long life and devoured numberless crickets.
Ouch, that sucks! Ive heard of that happening before, thats rough, especially if the tarantula was old and expensive. Im glad to hear it was an accident and not a mindless mistake though.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:10 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,285,841 times
Quote:
I don't have them all now. Most have gone to their rewards long ago...including the raccoon The Rac used to love to wrestle! There was no end to his rolly polly enthusiasm! His hands were so nimble and his mind was super sharp. At the time (mid 1970's) I had a liquor store in Denver and he was our mascot!!! He'd sit up on the counter and get affection while I rang up sales. Bud was so cool with that mask. Very strong too for his size. One of the neatest animal buddies I ever had. He is missed.
They are cute with there little black masks. I'd love to have one as a pet.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:17 PM

12 posts, read 56,677 times
That is 'critter love! How great!!!! Thanks for the notes,,,,I think it so sooo neat to connect with people like you guys~ It makes the world a happier place to connect and share, and I wish that the world would just hold hands! corny~i know...
AJ,,great story,,excellent visual! and I agree with your statement* I give thanks! My gyn just gave me another clear report and moved me back to annual check ups, Aho Zuzeca/snake! Mitakuye Oyasin (we are all related) Blessings* jade

Old 07-07-2011, 12:16 PM

12 posts, read 56,677 times
Okay,4 years later! I have been dealing with extreme nerve damage in my left foot and leg up to my butt cheek area. I have tried lyrica and pain meds to make this tolerable, but I hate meds so I had to stop them. I find cannabis cream applied topically as a great option to pharm drugs. Before the snake bite and shot of snake medicine, I was to have my reproductive parts removed. I was able to keep all of my parts and start anew after the bite. We are pregnant and five months along! Our little girl is 100% perfect, reports my Dr.!!! She is due 11/11/11 of course!!! Thank you Creator and Snake for the perfect cure to my needs at the time, and the gift that came with it! All the pain I have dealt with since snake is nothing, it is my gift of life in so many ways~ jade

Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,862,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBite View Post
Okay,4 years later! I have been dealing with extreme nerve damage in my left foot and leg up to my butt cheek area. I have tried lyrica and pain meds to make this tolerable, but I hate meds so I had to stop them. I find cannabis cream applied topically as a great option to pharm drugs. Before the snake bite and shot of snake medicine, I was to have my reproductive parts removed. I was able to keep all of my parts and start anew after the bite. We are pregnant and five months along! Our little girl is 100% perfect, reports my Dr.!!! She is due 11/11/11 of course!!! Thank you Creator and Snake for the perfect cure to my needs at the time, and the gift that came with it! All the pain I have dealt with since snake is nothing, it is my gift of life in so many ways~ jade
Congratulations on your bundle of joy!!!! She will share her birthday with my husband (and I am sure millions of others)!!! I hope you are able to find something to help with your remaining nerve pain. Good luck to you...

Old 07-08-2011, 03:49 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,968,405 times
I almost got bite 2 weeks ago as I got out of my truck by the house and walked to the back of the truck in front of the ranch house and THERE IT WAS.. a 34 inch Prairie rattler; went back to the truck and got my trusty .22 and off with it's head. 10 feet from the house is TOO CLOSE.

Be careful and watch out. I can't here a explosion next to me, so I have to be very observant..
HW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico