U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 PM

825 posts, read 1,704,727 times
Default Manny and the Media

Im not trying to Protect Manny for the 400 000 dollars he stole and admitted to stealing and that he will pay back.>>>>> He served the Public for many years WELL or he wouldnt have been elected over and over. But 99.9 percent of our politicians are Crooks if you ask me so let whomever is not Guilty Cast the First Stone. Ive only met Manny Aragon once in my life and it was at the Park in Las Vegas N.M. and he was very Courteous and even went out of his way to Guide me to the Right people and he told me if i had any question that his Secretary would help me and he introduced me to his Secretary. Our Color TVs are Black and White and the Only Heroes Latino Kids have are Michael Jordan and the Taco Bell Chihuahua HOPEFULLY when Obama Wins For President all that will Change. The Only time a Latino makes the News is when he Commits a Crime or is Wearing Handcuffs when he has something of Importance to Contribute he is Ignored by the Media. OH i know the Media has lots of Smart Latinos giving the Weather and News because they know how to pronounce the Spanish Words like Chilililili or the rrrrrrrrrs and to attract Latino viewers especially in a State like N.M. where over Half of the People are Latino but they are Puppet Latinos that never stand up for the Injustices the Latinos have Suffered by the Media since time began for fear of losing their High Paying jobs. Our Latino Politicians are the Same way the Words Spanish and Latino must be a Bad Word for them because they rarely mention them. el pintada kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 PM

4,584 posts, read 9,079,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Im not trying to Protect Manny for the 400 000 dollars he stole and admitted to stealing and that he will pay back.>>>>> He served the Public for many years WELL or he wouldnt have been elected over and over. But 99.9 percent of our politicians are Crooks if you ask me so let whomever is not Guilty Cast the First Stone. Ive only met Manny Aragon once in my life and it was at the Park in Las Vegas N.M. and he was very Courteous and even went out of his way to Guide me to the Right people and he told me if i had any question that his Secretary would help me and he introduced me to his Secretary. Our Color TVs are Black and White and the Only Heroes Latino Kids have are Michael Jordan and the Taco Bell Chihuahua HOPEFULLY when Obama Wins For President all that will Change. The Only time a Latino makes the News is when he Commits a Crime or is Wearing Handcuffs when he has something of Importance to Contribute he is Ignored by the Media. OH i know the Media has lots of Smart Latinos giving the Weather and News because they know how to pronounce the Spanish Words like Chilililili or the rrrrrrrrrs and to attract Latino viewers especially in a State like N.M. where over Half of the People are Latino but they are Puppet Latinos that never stand up for the Injustices the Latinos have Suffered by the Media since time began for fear of losing their High Paying jobs. Our Latino Politicians are the Same way the Words Spanish and Latino must be a Bad Word for them because they rarely mention them. el pintada kid

New Mexicans rarely get mentioned in anything no matter what race they are, this is New Mexico, we are not as important as the other states to the media, we are a border state with a very small population and most poeple outside of NM dont know the good things that go on in this state and usually dont hear of the bad things in the state.

I know there have been other corrupt politicians in NM and Im sure there are plenty more out there, its just the fact that these people live their lavish lifestyles while stealing from the tax payers, Im hispanic too and I dont care what race he is ,Im sure he is a good guy but he was stealing large amounts of money and I dont approve of it, this probably happens too often here.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:44 PM

3,696 posts, read 6,069,886 times
Who's name should go on the Torreon now?

Old 10-17-2008, 05:20 AM

32,923 posts, read 26,410,850 times
"Could it be the secret hid
'neath Cheops pyramid
is that the contractor did
Lord Cheops out of several millions."

R. Kipling

Corruption has always been around and it always eventually destroys the faith in government. Eventually it leads to tyranny where the corruption becomes the system and the privileged are completely protected from both competition and the lower classes. I do not know the details but if the man did the crime he should do the time.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:12 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,195,912 times
"Our Color TVs are Black and White and the Only Heroes Latino Kids have are Michael Jordan and the Taco Bell Chihuahua".

I'm confused. Jordan is not hispanic, and the Taco Bell dog is, well a dog.

I disagree with your premise Kid. There are plenty of hispanic role models to look up to. A few or them: Freddie Prinze, Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba, Walt Disney, Placido Domingo, Carlos Fuentes, Oscar de la Hoya, Nomar Garciaparra, Alex Rodriguez, Soledad O' Brien, Lee Trevino, Emiliano Zapata, Oscar de la Renta, Pablo Picasso, Rita Hayworth, Che Gueverra, Salvador Dali, Juan de Onate, Pancho Villa, Vasco Nunez de Balboa, Charlie Sheen, Martin Sheen, and of course the great Carlos Santana.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:17 PM

Default Latino Heroes

I bet the Latino Kids from Grade School to High School even in their 20s or 30s have never heard of 90 percent of those names of Latinos you mentioned. el pintada kid

Old 10-18-2008, 02:11 PM

47,276 posts, read 37,252,148 times
Quote:
Yes Ebbers this Big Company executive Stole Over 12 Billion dollars and People lost their Jobs and Retirement and compared to what the N.M. 6 took its a Drop in the Bucket compared to what Ebbers stole. Yes all these Public Figures should pay also and Starting a War with Lies should also be a Crime and giving Millions away to Company Executives should be a Crime also and Utility companies that try to Fleece the Public should be exposed also. We will hear about Manny for a long time to come because he is Latino but Swartzmiller who Molested thousands of Kids all over the Country we rarely hear about him. We rarely hear that the Whts hold the Record in Every State for being Child Molesters and the Biggest Criminals on Record who killed lots of people even ate their Victimes are Wht but we rarely hear about them. Who are the Biggest liars in History? Starting Wars with Lies and I might have but i dont Recall Reagan on the Iran Contra Scandal and im not a Crook Nixon. el pintada kid
do I sense a little be of racism here? Unfortunately it's views like yours that actually ruins New Mexico.

Nita

Old 10-18-2008, 04:42 PM

3,696 posts, read 6,069,886 times
Quote:
I bet the Latino Kids from Grade School to High School even in their 20s or 30s have never heard of 90 percent of those names of Latinos you mentioned. el pintada kid
Sure they have.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 AM

47,276 posts, read 37,252,148 times
Quote:
yes, but don't these same kids have your governor and the mayor of Alb to look up to..Or don't you consider them worthy of being looked up to???

Nita

Old 10-19-2008, 02:11 PM

Default Marty And Bill

Most politicians like Bill Richardson use the Latino name for their own purposes and pretend to help Latinos to feather their Caps but i must give Credit to Richardson on the Fact that he has Freed lots of Hostages and negotiated peace with other Countries and he can do lots of Good for N.M. but it doesnt mean hes my Hero just my the Mere Fact that he might be Half Latino. Most Politicians cater to the Lobbyist and Big Companies and Private Prisons to get Money for their Elections and what the people want is Secondary to them Richardson is no Different and NO hero of mine including all those Latino people mentioned who dont mean anything to me. el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico