Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:21 PM

175 posts, read 439,271 times

Advertisements

And you say the republicans should work with the democrats? What about the democrats working with the republicans?

If Obama doesn't want to work with republicans, his approval rating will likely fall.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:16 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Thank you NM for doing your part!
Oh brother.

My invitation is still open... all those who think Democrats running things is somehow "good", come to Illinois. If you dare, that is. If you want to see the most corrupt, high taxed, murderous, **** poor schools, come to Chicago where Dems have been in complete control for God knows how long. Yeah, Ill NEVER vote Democrat ever again. Oh yeah, our governor will also be in jail shortly. Ridiculous!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:54 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
...all those who think Democrats running things is somehow "good", come to Illinois. If you dare, that is. If you want to see the most corrupt, high taxed, murderous, **** poor schools, come to Chicago where Dems have been in complete control for God knows how long.
Steve-O, correct me if I'm wrong, but I could swear I've seen posts of yours where you praised Chicago. It can't be all that bad. Personally, Chicago is one of my favorite big cities...

Old 11-07-2008, 01:38 AM

464 posts, read 1,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbomb82 View Post
And you say the republicans should work with the democrats? What about the democrats working with the republicans?

If Obama doesn't want to work with republicans, his approval rating will likely fall.

Yes I agree Thunderbomb, they must ALL work together for a change, for *US*. If they didn't get that message from the votes, then they are in it for themselves imho.
Perhaps the "blue dawg" Dems will help with the balance of power issue. I guess we'll see.

Always hopeful- Tia Dalma

Old 11-07-2008, 02:38 AM

464 posts, read 1,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Steve-O, correct me if I'm wrong, but I could swear I've seen posts of yours where you praised Chicago. It can't be all that bad. Personally, Chicago is one of my favorite big cities...

Hi Tim, me being a former long time resident of Illinois....
I can say that Steve-o is correct. And, so are you!
Chicago AND Illinois both, have been "corrupt" since the begining of time Capone would be proud of these days

The more current stats- murders etc. for Chicago are horrendous. Taxes are very ^. Gas taxes alone, are killers.
The Govenor is most likely going- down. Not the first, by a long shot.

From Big money deals cut in Chi-town to full/high priced yet sub-standard concrete for the Interstates & roads through- out the state, a serious good-ole-boys network is Alive and well. Most of the Chicago political "machine" is a permanant fixture.{world-famous too}. Father to son or daughter, bud to bud, bigger money to big money...and so it goes. Big City to rural.

I don't see an end to it.......

BUT going to 'the' City for a holiday or long visit, is wonderful! {tho I like to be back in my hotel room by 10pm!}

Chicago IS wonderful. Beautiful. Fun. From the most posh of eateries to a Cubs game
The beach, the Lake on a hot summers day, to the Art Institute. Shed to John Hancock and Sears to walking the sidewalks downtown and Shopping amidst masses of people from around the world.
And...there be Dinosaurs there too! The history alone is So rich......

It's very International. And it's different from, NYC.

Gosh I miss the foods

You can spend days and days in Chicago- downtown alone, too much to do and never finish Doing things interesting. I Love Chicago, But...would Never, live There....{nor in the state again}.

Illinoians I think, learn there's no changing the bad govnerment. And we are skeptical of all politicians for/from Illinois. We've learned. The "good ones" are oh so Rare

Shoot....and the Holidays are coming and now I'm missing a Chicago visit....I'll go with my memories for now

But you probably know alot of this already, from the sound of it

I'm just a lil ol country type gal, but Chicago is a Blast

Tia Dalma

Last edited by TiaDalma; 11-07-2008 at 02:51 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Obama Wins Big

New Mexico voted the right way. Over here in Texas, we went for McCain and re-elected that butthead Cornyn to the senate. Texas always gets it wrong.

In a few years I'll be crossing the border to NM, though.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,184,329 times
Let's not forget a few other politicians from Illinois:

*Abraham Lincoln
*Ulysses S. Grant
*Ronald Reagan (born there)

Old 11-08-2008, 09:01 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Tim, Tia Dalma said it best above. Chicago is excellent if you have money and the means to live it up. But to the poor, the city is a nightmare. Democrats have DESTROYED IL. Well, "destroyed" is putting it nicely. Democrats have OBLITERATED this state. Its sad, it really is. I dont know how sooooo many people can be so stupid by voting for Obama, when they cant see the problems around us, all with "Democrat" written allllllll over them. They voted for "change"????? Pfft. The only change theyll see is if they move out of the country. Chicago is the highest taxed city in the nation, and set to get worse. Our murder rates are the worst in the nation, and the corrupt mayor/police dont do crap about it. Our governor, like the rest before them, is corrupt and going to jail soon. CHicago's schools, as shown in last week's paper, often score worse than some 3rd world countries!!!!!! We have the biggest state deficit in the nation. It goes on and on and on. People here whine and moan about it, then vote in more Democrats and a Democratic president?????? We're dumb here in IL. Plain and simple, dumb as rocks when it comes to political candidates.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 PM

713 posts, read 1,846,075 times
Politicians are corrupt in many places, both Democrats and Republicans. The atmosphere in Chicago was ingrained a century ago.

A Democratic president was elected because he represented hope and a change from the disaster of the past eight years. Contrary to what you think, the country does not revolve around Chicago.

And most of the problems I seen nationally have Republican written on them.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:15 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Pretty happy to see Union County pick McCain tbh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico