Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:57 AM

271 posts, read 1,125,557 times

Advertisements

House pricing is governed by the law of demand and supply, NM has an appeal to outsiders like me and obviously I have to pay what they are asking now days. The Midewest with the exception of large metropolitan areas like Chicago, St Louis, Cleveland, etc, has lower house prices, but who wants to live in a prarie where there is nothing of interest to see, except the roofs of the other houses and where the high humidity makes the summers and winters uncomfortable? I live in Illinois now but I already bought a condo in Las Cruces where I'll be moving soon. I felt attracted to NM because of the climate and the landscapes, besides I'm a painter and most of he state is artsy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LUVNM View Post
Hi Cathy, yes after doing my research I went with Bayfield. It is alot cheaper than Durango and not far from there so I can jet over to Durango really quick and the schools are great, a big factor for me too. Plus Farmington is less than an hour away so I can go over here really quick too. Took a trip to Canon City. The Gorge is awesome but the city didnt have all I wanted and needed. I know you understand that. Hope Alamogordo will go well for you. At least you know you have Farmington in your back pocket! Oh yes, Los Alamos is very expensive. My goodness, I dont know who could live there but the scientists and even then I dont know how they make it. Pretty though. I also still want to know your impressions of Alamo because my parents told me they would like to move out of San Antonio and have Alamogordo on their short list so very interested in your posts. They said SA is just getting too big. They want to be close to lots of family in Texas, like you said as well about being closer to your family too. Mom said she is very eager to read your posts because your posts are very informative and honest.
I don't blame your mom for wanting out of San Antonio. It's a beautiful city, with lots of amenities, but it's just too hot and humid. The summers are just horrible to me.

I will be glad to post my experiences in Alamo, and see if the good outweighs the bad! I am just really torn right now, because I really do like Farmington! But.....having to get home quickly if I have to is an issue these days, and there is no easy way.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 AM

476 posts, read 2,318,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I don't blame your mom for wanting out of San Antonio. It's a beautiful city, with lots of amenities, but it's just too hot and humid. The summers are just horrible to me.

I will be glad to post my experiences in Alamo, and see if the good outweighs the bad! I am just really torn right now, because I really do like Farmington! But.....having to get home quickly if I have to is an issue these days, and there is no easy way.
I definitely understand that, family is very important! Yes too me too, SA is a beautiful city but it is just too hot and humid. I just cant take it. It makes me feel yucky and drained. I love New Mexico for the climate. It just doesnt get much better than this! Thanks for keeping us all informed, mom included!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I definitely understand that, family is very important! Yes too me too, SA is a beautiful city but it is just too hot and humid. I just cant take it. It makes me feel yucky and drained. I love New Mexico for the climate. It just doesnt get much better than this! Thanks for keeping us all informed, mom included!
I found another agent, and am being sent listings daily.

The housing is so much more affordable that it's not even funny.

So....we'll see. :-)

Old 05-16-2007, 03:12 AM

Mom has given a point for Alamo in affordable housing. She loves that! Thanks Cathy.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Mom has given a point for Alamo in affordable housing. She loves that! Thanks Cathy.
Good, Luv, you're quite welcome!! If your mom has internet access, she can view listings at several sites, but if I post them here, they'll be deleted. I signed up to be sent listings daily, and did talk to a couple of agents there.

I can apparently buy a LOT more house in Alamo for the same money.....or go in the $145-160 range and be comfortable! But.....it is not the same online as actually going and visiting, so.....off to see.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:29 PM

5 posts, read 19,401 times
Default Need a house near Farmington??

My first time on this site ..but hey, are you looking for a house to buy in the Farmington area? ....... Just so happens, my friend is getting ready to list her house ...not far from Farmington, just down the freeway about 20 minutes in light traffic in Howell. Very close to the Ex-way exit. Very nice house ..2 story, finished basement, nice yard, 3 bdrm....it's on a main road BUT ....(a good but)..it includes a boar dock on our lake, which is a huge perk .....they are hard to come by. Her dock is on a greenbelt with other neighbors ...I think she's going to ask somewhere around $180.....email me if you happen to have any interest ...You'd both save $ if you didn't use a realtor as it's not listed yet...Thanks.... mkwyzlic@hotmail.com

Old 06-07-2007, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLandlords View Post
My first time on this site ..but hey, are you looking for a house to buy in the Farmington area? ....... Just so happens, my friend is getting ready to list her house ...not far from Farmington, just down the freeway about 20 minutes in light traffic in Howell. Very close to the Ex-way exit. Very nice house ..2 story, finished basement, nice yard, 3 bdrm....it's on a main road BUT ....(a good but)..it includes a boar dock on our lake, which is a huge perk .....they are hard to come by. Her dock is on a greenbelt with other neighbors ...I think she's going to ask somewhere around $180.....email me if you happen to have any interest ...You'd both save $ if you didn't use a realtor as it's not listed yet...Thanks.... mkwyzlic@hotmail.com
I think you are thinking about Michigan and this Farmington is in New Mexico but hey, if someone needs a house in Farmington, Michigan and happens on to the New Mexico forum, than maybe you will get a bite afterall!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,355 times
Default Renting/Buying in Aztec or Bloomfield

Hello All,
I will need a place by the the end of next month if I accept a job offer I have received. Is this realistic to expect to find a place to rent?

I prefer to live in Aztec or Bloomfield, I think. Or somewhere in between.

Any advice/opinions appreciated.

Betsy

Old 06-12-2007, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmqueen View Post
Hello All,
I will need a place by the the end of next month if I accept a job offer I have received. Is this realistic to expect to find a place to rent?

I prefer to live in Aztec or Bloomfield, I think. Or somewhere in between.

Any advice/opinions appreciated.

Betsy
Hi Betsy, you shouldnt have any trouble finding a place to rent. Bloomfield doesnt have much to offer since it is so small but I have even seen places for rent there and Bloomfield is real cheap in rent. The downside to Bloomfield is it is almost totally an oil town with refineries and stuff all around so alot of roughnecks (oil workers) there. If that doesnt bother you than Bloomfield is a cheap place to live. I really like Aztec. It is an artsy town and has alot of green trees for such a desert. Aztec is cheap to rent there as well and has more places to rent. Good luck on your move and welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico