Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:04 PM

775 posts, read 2,588,192 times

Advertisements

I grew up in the Mountains and Mesas in the center of New Mexico and as a little toddler remember following the old people into the Hills digging for Plants and whatever we could kill for food. The insects and ants and flies and little animals around me were my toys. I remember i had real fast hands as a toddler and could catch a fly out of the air and clap my hands together and daze the fly then pick it up by its wing and take it to the wall of my adobe home and find a spider web and throw the fly on the web and watch this big old spider come out and envelop the fly. I used other insects for toys like grasshoppers and i spent all day getting bit by ants. Remedios and plants and the mountains and wild animals and hunting have always been a very real part of my life. > > > When it was time for me to go to School my parents enrolled me in a Catholic School i didnt know how to talk in English but i soon learned with the Strict Nuns and i did my first Holy Communion when i was in first Grade its also the year my dad died and my mom died about when i was 8 or 9 years old.>> My mom died in a Tragic car Accident head on with a semi and body parts were buried in the same coffins. After my Parents both died i went to live with my Grandparents and i had to learn about ranching and the mountains fast. My Parents left me their Violin and Guitar and i used to practice till my fingers would bleed and when i broke a string i would connect it with baling wire and keep playing. I would look up the Dirt Road going into town hoping i would see my mom coming to get me and my two sisters one younger and one older then me but she never showed up. After a few years i quit looking. >>>> Also remember getting up on top of this Big Old Barn at night with my Guitar and i would play and sing to all the Wild Animals and Cattle below and to the Stars and Planets and Moon and i would tell myself i was gonna be the Best Guitar Player and Singer that ever was and Today after practicing and playing and singing over half a century almost every day i consider myself as Good OR Better then the Best. >>> El Pintada Kid >>>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
You have the most amazing stories.
Have you ever thought about writing a book?

Sorry you lost your parents at such a young age.

Would love to hear your music sometime.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,948 times
Pintada Kid - I agree with Song -- your stories are amazing.

I am so sorry to hear your parents both died when you were so young.

Have you ever known any curanderos in your life -- or is that not a topic you are free to discuss? This is a topic that really interests me.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Default The Currandero

Thanks Girls, ive known quite a few Curranderas and Curranderos in my travels all over N.M. and all the Old People ive met over the years that taught me how use plants for Remedios so i guess im a Currandero myself not to be Confused with Warlocks or Shaman but i guess along the way you learn to protect yourself from the Good or Evils of some Religions but you cant Ignore them also to Water Dowse and tell how far down water is with Pendulums or Wires. Read the Book Pendulum Powers it teaches you quite a bit about what the energy in your body can do anybody can move wires with their mind. I do want to write a book about my life or on the Great Mystery the .. Heberer Lorius case which im Very Sure i can Solve. My Story on the Heberer Lorius case was recorded years ago by the N.M. State Police Investigators at my house and they thought i had a good chance of solving one of the Ten Greatest Unsolved Mysteries in the United States but then Mysteriously they seized contact with me when i told them the Rattlers were 5 and 6 foot long in the area and that they came out in the winter also when it was Warm. That was about 5 years ago since then i have found the exact area and important proof which i dont talk about for fear of having it erased. Ive Tried to interest the Media on this Great Mystery but ive been Ignored or Ridiculed by the Media Throughout the United States. And then theres Unsolved Mysteries according to them they said they are no longer a program and to report any bodies to my local authorities and i have tried throughout the years to interest the media somewhere on earth but nobody seems interested. In fact the Media and S.P. have done more to hurt me on Solving this case because when i would get permission from two Ranchers to get into their Locked property the Media or S.P. wouldnt show up and it got me in trouble with the Ranchers. Im Hoping someday i can Write a Rags to Riches Story about a Kid who taught himself to play guitar from age 5 and went on to Solve a Great Mystery and put out a number one CD. My Ultimate Goal is to Break Jerry Lee Lewis record with the least amount of instruments on a number one hit. I love playing that Jitterbug and Rockabilly and Boogie style of Music but i can do most anything from the 50s to the late 90s of the number one hits just using my guitar in Country, Folk or Spanish and some Rock. I do lots of the Old number one hits from Mexico. Antonio Aguilar the Elvis of Mexico in my Opinion and theres Jose Alfredo Jimenez wow that man has a fantastic voice and what about Julio Iglesias, Miguel Aceves Mejia, Linda Ronstadt her Spanish Album was Fabulous. el pintada kid

Old 12-11-2008, 06:24 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
What exactly is a curandera/curandero?
I googled it and found different meanings but is it a healer?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Curranderos

The Spanish and the People from Mexico have always used plants and other ways of Doctoring their people when they are ill. The Indians that have Blended with the Spanish and the Mexicans have throughout the years borrowed their knowledge of healing Plants from each other. I would say that Curranderos or Curranderas are just people that learned the Different Medicinal plants through the years from their elders because they were too far from Doctors and today these Medical plants are being used by people who cant afford doctors and that believe in their Healing Qualities. el pintada kid

Old 12-11-2008, 08:23 PM

170 posts, read 453,802 times
Drive by post with recommended reading for a great story involving a curandera
Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya

Old 12-11-2008, 08:34 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,948 times
I highly recommend that book!

Rudolfo Anaya has written many good books; Bless Me Ultima is my favorite.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
The Spanish and the People from Mexico have always used plants and other ways of Doctoring their people when they are ill. The Indians that have Blended with the Spanish and the Mexicans have throughout the years borrowed their knowledge of healing Plants from each other. I would say that Curranderos or Curranderas are just people that learned the Different Medicinal plants through the years from their elders because they were too far from Doctors and today these Medical plants are being used by people who cant afford doctors and that believe in their Healing Qualities. el pintada kid
What is interesting is that even when they have Medicare and Medicaid, or even some with insurance, there are people here who will go to a curandero/a first just because they trust them better or maybe because they're accustumed to them. The curandero/a is not a cheaper substitute, he/she is the first choice. Brujas of course are only good for certain problems like getting hexes taken off. I've also learned that there are good brujas and bad brujas but they aren't the same as curandero/as.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 PM

464 posts, read 1,157,543 times
"Songs for my father" {in Spanish} is definitely Ronstadt's best recording "Canciones por mi Padre" I think? I'll have to dig that out!

Tia Dalma

Last edited by TiaDalma; 12-11-2008 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: + por
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico