U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 PM

5 posts, read 21,529 times

Advertisements

Relocating to farmington and the process has gone much quicker then i had expected. Looks like i need to find somewhere to rent with in a week. I need a place that will allow me to have my two dogs and one cat. They are all pretty good and i am really clean. Will not trash your place. Will even give larger deposit. Looking for something that is at least 2 bedroom and 1 bath but could be more. Willing to pay about 1000 for that. If you can help please message me.

Thanks
Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,827 times
Default Looking to Rent In Farmington or nearby

Hello,
I am trying to find a place to live in Farmington, NM. I am looking for something affordable that I can bring my 3 cats with me. I am looking for possibly a one bedroom, to three or even four bedroom house. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know. We have two weeks to find a place and my fiance is working alot, and I am all the way in Arizona. There is not much on the internet that I can find. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Christina

Old 11-13-2008, 01:06 AM

464 posts, read 1,019,917 times
Hi Christina,

Please check some of the other threads in the 1st and second pages here too Ok. A couple have links in them for this area and more info.
I'll post a couple more here for you, to get you started.
These are all in San Juan County.

You can check the vicinity's classifieds in the newspaper on line:

www.daily-times.com

You can check Bloomfield, NM nearby. Hunt around on their city website, for things such as- Visitors or Relocation info or Call Them and ask

Look for a phone number to give them a call and talk to someone in person, since your time is short.
Another town nearby by is Aztec,NM. Here is their website:
www.aztecchamber.com
The area codes changed in the last year but many have not changed them on their websites yet
Try their number both ways- 505-334-9551 or 575-334-9551 {I think that section of the state remains 505?}

Then there is the Farmington, NM website:
www.gofarmington.com
Phone: toll free 1-888-325-0279

Look on the website for New residents, relocation info/packets, their business directories lists for real estate companies- ones that handle Rentals or property management. You will have to Call these and ask most likely IF they do this service and have listings for renting. I'd start with ones that have toll free numbers myself

I found one site, can't vouch for it/these but, it had some lists when I went to real estate cos. section:

http://www.farmingtonnm.southwestdirectory.com

I hope this helps!

Tia Dalma

Old 11-13-2008, 02:46 PM

53 posts, read 126,927 times
Christina,
This is funny cause I am in the same situation, including the three cats. I so want a place with a fenced yard for them, but rents are so incredibly high everywhere I am afraid to move. Will watch your replies. Were you thinking of any other places?
natalie456

Old 11-14-2008, 11:25 PM

157 posts, read 579,445 times
AmericanClassifieds.com : Farmington, NM Area : Homes For Rent
craigslist: farmington, NM classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
Property Management listings in Farmington, NM at Yellowbook.com
Apartments listings in Farmington, NM at Yellowbook.com

Aztec >> Ramsey Realty 505.334.6187 .... Kiva Properties >> 505.320.1014

here's some ideas .. good luck!

Old 11-15-2008, 02:40 AM

Good post Dgoboy

Tia Dalma

Old 11-16-2008, 04:05 PM

157 posts, read 579,445 times
Thanks, Tia D. .... much appreciated!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:48 PM

622 posts, read 1,499,161 times
Default Farmington Rentals

Hi everyone.

If anyone has, or knows someone who has a rental unit in the Farmington area that they would like to rent out, please let me know. I'm scouting

Even a room for rent might be just the thing because it might just be for my husband as we try and figure out what the heck we're doing...sigh...moving stinks.

Thank you all very much!

Mina

If you prefer, you can email me at minathebrat at gmail dot com.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minathebrat View Post
Hi everyone.

If anyone has, or knows someone who has a rental unit in the Farmington area that they would like to rent out, please let me know. I'm scouting

Even a room for rent might be just the thing because it might just be for my husband as we try and figure out what the heck we're doing...sigh...moving stinks.

Thank you all very much!

Mina

If you prefer, you can email me at minathebrat at gmail dot com.

Hi Mina

About 3 weeks ago or so I posted all sorts of info in a couple of threads started by folks wanting info for the Farmington area. Lots of links, newspapers, CofC, city, etc.
I think if you put in the search box, they should pop right up. Others added info too for those posters threads. These might help Ok?!
At least maybe get you started
And others will pop in and post here too I'm sure.

And I promise I'll get back to ya in the Foodie thread too Been gone and off line; Just had a very full 24 or more and more to come this week Whew!

Talk with ya later

Tia Dalma

Old 12-16-2008, 08:03 AM

622 posts, read 1,499,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaDalma View Post
Hi Mina

About 3 weeks ago or so I posted all sorts of info in a couple of threads started by folks wanting info for the Farmington area. Lots of links, newspapers, CofC, city, etc.
I think if you put in the search box, they should pop right up. Others added info too for those posters threads. These might help Ok?!
At least maybe get you started
And others will pop in and post here too I'm sure.

And I promise I'll get back to ya in the Foodie thread too Been gone and off line; Just had a very full 24 or more and more to come this week Whew!

Talk with ya later

Tia Dalma
Wonderful! Thank you TiaDalma and others who have posted on other info threads I really do appreciate the information so much!
I will certainly look over old posts, I also have the Farmington Chamber of Commerce list of apartments, which I did send for!

My biggest challenge and motivation for writing the above post is that while my husband is in Farmington now, he's working late hours and doesn't have free time. I have the free time but I'm not in Farmington. I don't know about neighborhoods, or what the places look like. It's a little frustrating, but I'm trying to help him as best I can. Farmington is proving to be one of the tougher places to scout by internet. Rent.com and other apartment sites don't seem to extend their service area to Farmington. We're also trying to stay within a modest budget. I originally thought that perhaps he could stay at an extended-stay hotel because there's no lease, it would allow him to have plenty of time to find a place he likes, but honestly, I called around and the prices are out of this world- and not in a good way! lol

Well, anyway, enough of that.

Mina

-Tia, no worries on the foodie thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico