U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:31 PM

464 posts, read 1,017,914 times

Advertisements

I so wish everyone in our NM forum, a Fan-danged-tastic New Year for 2009!

I think the weather if you're traveling should be pretty good below say the Dakotas and Minnesota etc. until about Monday next.

We had the 10 plagues of Egypt here over the weekend {well for me, all but "my first born" LOL! }
Snow on Christmas, Very pretty. Then on Friday, Tornado warnings, rain rain and more rain, sleet, ice, hail, freezing rain, lightening, winds, micro bursts, WoW! And ended with a few inches of snow! Started at 66 degrees Friday and in about 10 hours, snow! Got very cold Sunday and today was back to 55 degrees!

But it's not looking too bad for the rest of the week in the Heartland at least, colder but nothing really "bad" until late Sunday into Monday.

Keep us posted on the NM weather ya'll {and Hunter, LOL}

How are the slopes folks?!

I wish you safe travels if you do and a Wonderful New Year!

Tia Dalma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,370,174 times
TiaDalma: Thank you for the wish, and I return it to you and send it out to everyone else here while I'm at it. BTW, where is Aqua de Vida? We in Fort Worth are forecast to get a rainy day next Monday, which is good because we need it.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
TiaDalma: Thank you for the wish, and I return it to you and send it out to everyone else here while I'm at it. BTW, where is Aqua de Vida? We in Fort Worth are forecast to get a rainy day next Monday, which is good because we need it.

Thank you Catman! Here today (New Year's Eve) I'd love to grill some snacks I'd like to make for tonite and tomorrow, but it's gotten Cold again, BUT there is hope, the Sun is shining at least LOL So I might be brave and light her up and do my Satay on the grill after all LOL.
No snow predicted until Monday- Tuesday next now, temps to go up a bit on Sat. and Sunday. Down next week- burrrrrr!
There's always the broiler for the satay

Snow has all melted around here and so luckily (I hope) there won't be any terrible dumb accidents this night, due to weather and that others too, practice Safe driving under the circumstances
Be Safe Everyone!

Oh and I'll explain (some) about the "Aqua De Vida"
The Land "At World's End"
Translates- Water of Life- Fountain of Youth, as in Ponce De Leon He never found it. LOL

It's also the coming, yet to be filmed (in 2010-11) forth installment of the Tale of "Pirates of the Cariabbean"
"Aqua De Vida" ("the devil's in That ship, some really bad eggs there")
"Yo ho, heave ho, haul to-gether now!...a Pirate never dies"

Tia Dalma, an obeah, truly is the 'goddess' Calypso, bound in human form, by the Pirates. She controls...the Seas only as Calypso Releasing Calypso, bound in her bones, as Tia Dalma, puts the Pirates at the mercy of the Seas once again But frees all, of other Evils?

Pirates seek the Fountain of Youth so that they, may- Never die

"Aqua De Vida", to me is a, "state" of mind
(Also the 4th movie in the series).

But Capn' Jack Sparrow knows, it's Real. He has that Map of 'lost' lands. And so the next journey continues on........ with a few "Parlays" thrown in of course, LOLOL

But I? TiaDalma/Calypso? I foresee many troubles, awaiting them, in the Caribbean Aye, I Do!

I hope that helps explain this a bit for ya'll, LOL

( I guess you could say I'm a Fan, rarely do such things gain my attention, but the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies are Wonderful imho. 3 so far, all by Disney and J. Bruckheimer, I recommend them to anyone!)

To Everyone! Happy New Year!

Tia Dalma- with a touch of, Destiny

Old 12-31-2008, 12:47 PM

1,307 posts, read 3,194,556 times
The condition of the slopes was great. After the usual holiday infestation of Okies and Texans, it's pretty carved up except if you know where the powder stashes are, and I'm not telling anyone where those are.

After the OkieTexans go home, I hope we get some good dumps for the locals. We have been good Santa, let it snow.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 PM

321 posts, read 721,319 times
Big rock candy mountain. Good song.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone sailor View Post
Big rock candy mountain. Good song.

Yeah Sailor, I love that old song too

Vinegaroon, Hopefully More snow for you and those new Skis! Maybe next week, as another very cold front, sweeps down front Canada, Yikes
Hmmmmm, do you ski with longjohns on too?! LOL

Dontcha Luv tourists? LOL
Can one be, a resident of NM AND a NM tourist too, ? One wonders
Hmmmm......

Tia Dalma

Old 12-31-2008, 02:04 PM

1,307 posts, read 3,194,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaDalma View Post
Yeah Sailor, I love that old song too

Vinegaroon, Hopefully More snow for you and those new Skis! Maybe next week, as another very cold front, sweeps down front Canada, Yikes
Hmmmmm, do you ski with longjohns on too?! LOL

Dontcha Luv tourists? LOL
Can one be, a resident of NM AND a NM tourist too, ? One wonders
Hmmmm......

Tia Dalma
There are two things I always ski with: thermals and a helmet. By the way, a 10 year old Texan girl was tragically killed when she skiied into a tree here yesterday. This should be a lesson to all, DO NOT SKI WITHOUT A HELMET, I don't care who you are or what your ability is, GET A HELMET.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,370,174 times
Default Aqua de Vida

TiaDalma: So 'Aqua de Vida' isn't an actual geographic location. I thought perhaps it was a development or subdivision or something like that. Those developers come up with some wild names for their projects.

I would consider going out like Ponce de Leon, looking for the Fountain of Youth, but I'm 62 and it's probably too late for me. Unless it works retroactively, that is. (But how would it know when to stop? I wouldn't want to go through 7th grade again.)

Again, Happy New Year, all! I'll be out playing bass tonight to bring it in.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
TiaDalma: So 'Aqua de Vida' isn't an actual geographic location. I thought perhaps it was a development or subdivision or something like that. Those developers come up with some wild names for their projects.

I would consider going out like Ponce de Leon, looking for the Fountain of Youth, but I'm 62 and it's probably too late for me. Unless it works retroactively, that is. (But how would it know when to stop? I wouldn't want to go through 7th grade again.)

Again, Happy New Year, all! I'll be out playing bass tonight to bring it in.

Very Cool on the Bass playin' for tonite Catman Watch out for "the other guy" on that drive home

LOL, yeah I know what you mean about the naming of place 'things' these years, some are way out there

62? Naw, it's Never too late Eeek on the 7th grade reps! (or 6th or 8th or....) LOL

Be safe, have fun!

Tia Dalma

Old 12-31-2008, 03:15 PM

6,409 posts, read 2,103,136 times
A very happy new year to all of my fellow New Mexicans! And, most definitely to you, Tia Dalma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico