Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 12:38 PM

464 posts, read 1,157,543 times

Advertisements

Hi all, tonite Sat. Jan. 3rd, is a repeat of the 2 hour program "Journey to 10,000 BC" on the History Channel, at 10pm to 12a ETZ and repeats 2 hours later. I believe we've discussed this a little here.
A Pretty good program that covers the migrations of the "First Americans". Covers a good deal on the East 'entrance' of, the Firsts, as well as from the West. With NM being a corner stone of alot of this with, the Ice margins and "Clovis and Folsum" Peoples, etc..

"The Center for the Study of the First Americans" is featured too in the program, which is at the Dept. of Anthropology at Texas A&M. {They spend a good deal of time in New Mexico working and piecing together "our" history }

Paleoamerican origins, pre-Clovis and beyond, are such topics covered as well, as in the program.

You may also, as I have/do, find of interest, information, studies and publications available at the Center:
http://www.centerfirstamericans.org

ALSO of note; tomorrow evening Sunday Jan. 4th, on the History Channel is a program of some interests. (yes strange tho it may sound!)
"Nostradamus 2012" a 2 hour program at 9mp ETZ, repeated at 2 hours later.

In this program they will cover the many many cultures and beliefs and ancient stories of various peoples, from around the world regarding the 'phenomenon' of 2012.
Including Mayan stories and Hopi Indian beliefs and 'lore'. How they all have similar 'points' in their stories and beliefs.

Not that I believe in 2012; but I am interested in hearing the Mayan and Hopi Peoples stories in particular. And since they relate to NM in a 'historical' fashion, that makes it even more interesting.

Thought I'd pass these tidbits along. Get those tapes and DVD's ready to record, it Is, a Saturday night for one after all {and Bowl games, and Playoffs etc }

Check your local listings for exact times in your Zones!

Have a Great Day!

Tia Dalma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,750,453 times
Default Thanks, Tia. We'll catch it this evening

Old 01-03-2009, 08:08 PM

713 posts, read 1,846,075 times
Will record the second time. Indy-SD is a great FB game right now then after that the Lobos-UNLV in basketball!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
Will record the second time. Indy-SD is a great FB game right now then after that the Lobos-UNLV in basketball!

You bet that was some game between SD and Indy! Whoa! Saw the last half hour of OT play too and man, I can't believe it's the Chargers for a change

I'd seen "Journey to 10,000 BC" before {which is actually 13,900 years ago}, but recorded it to have. And then tonites program "Nostradamus 2012", is completely New. Recording it too

Hope you guys enjoy it and we learn some new info with the telling of Hopi beliefs too etc., I think this is fascinating Just a different aspect I think. I appreciate the old 'stories' very much.

Tia Dalma

Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Too bad i missed it TiaDalma as i love history. I'm always over posting in the History Forums here at City Data and this would also had been a great thread topic over there. The moderator over there ''Trudeyrose'' is one of my favorites here at city data as she always is interacting with us over in it

6/3

Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM

LOL 6/3! I tell ya, I didn't even pay attention that there was, a History forum Here! Now I know Thanks!
Sheeesh!

And don't worry about missing this too much, History channel does alot of repeats. I'll watch for it and post it if it's coming up again. IF you go to the History Channel website (posted link below), they've got plenty of their programs listed for purchase- which translate that you might find "Journey" now in a Blockbuster, Netfix, store. Or even the Library. And the new one should be available soon for rent etc.

Feburary is TV "sweeps" month and all are now, gearin' up for Your "attention" to lead into that Ratings battle

I think, but am not sure, check at www.history.com to see if any of you want to sign up for any "newsletters" from them and their History Channels networks. Would give a heads-up for such Good programing! Then you all can be on the same pages for a discussion

I think I might check out the Forum later this week, when things slow down a bit here. Have folks coming and going and Barn/Farrier tomorrow, etc. etc. etc., LOL Nephew is going back to U in Austin for one thing.

Thanks for the heads up 6/3, you know how I love History!

Oh and.....on a program note, I sure wish they had spent much more time on the Hopi's stories and beliefs. Now I need to read up on "The Blue Star" they believe in etc :
And I have that new book on New Mexico history coming in this week too

Tia Dalma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: