Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,986,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
And what is his crime, bradly?
I think he pulled his name out in the interest of not further complicating transition things for Obama (God knows Blago is doing more than his share) and that's a good thing. If he's guilty of some crime, then he's a crook and off with his head...but there is merely an investigation without any conclusions at this point. I have a hard time believing he'd toss away a career for the amount of donations being reported, but who knows? I'll wait for an actual report before even thinking of condemning the guy.
If politicians with 42% approval ratings (and back in November he polled far, far better during a "poll" that actually means something) all resigned, we'd have not had a president since Roosevelt finish a term.
Overall, Richardson has been a good Governor for this state, and I think he'll continue to do his job.
Wow?!, have you been keeping track with richardson, and what he is doing for this state? I'm sorry but me and you have two whole different views, what has he done for New Mexico besides get us a ****ing train? He is cutting money from the Education system in this state, so school districts like Albuquerque, Espanola and Santa Fe Suffer! You seriously need to take a closer look.. He is just causing a mess.. I was hoping for Denish to fix up things but now the control freak richardson wont be going anywhere soon. I'm a major in Political Science if you think I dont know what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 08:30 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,986,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I agree on the approval ratings. Actually 42% is quite high.
Down from 67%... uhhh you might want to re think that, I'm Just saying.
Something major happned along the way..

Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

As for the drunk driving issue, well it may be better, but it is still awful and I am not sure whether Richardson had much to do with it either way, my opinions only.
So....when you say he did nothing it's all HIS fault, but when I post a brief summary of enforcement initiatives and resulting improvement in the situation your "not sure" whether he deserves any credit or "had much to do with it". Pretty hilarious, Nita Don't let facts get in the way of your assumptions....

Sleezebag: I probably could research and give lots of examples but that is a waste of time for all of us, he is the governor, time will tell and at best he will be there for a couple more years only. Here are a couple of examples, but they may not bother everyone:
If it's a waste of time to answer questions, why is it not a waste of time to make the accusations? (Other than it being easier than actually coming up with real answers and justifications for your aspersions.) Having a little trouble digging up anything meaningful?????

Why did he think it was necessary to clain he was offered a professional baseball contract when he wasn't? What a silly thing to do.
Wow..a scathing indictment LOL

Why did he make (way back in his first days of governor) all his appointed employees write letters of resignation to keep on file in case he wanted to remove them?
This practice is very common for an incoming administration. Done all the time. Also done in private enterprise...as a way to both clear the decks of past appointees and to send a message that there's a new sheriff in town.

Why the jet>?
Jets, turboprops, helicopters are owned by many states for government use. Should he spend 5 hours driving down to LC from Santa Fe for a meeting? Not a wise use of time for the most part. Whether NM needs a state jet or not is an open question, but it's far from unusual, especially in such a large state.

And last I wonder how many hours or days he spent in NM being the governor in the past 2 years? I dont' have the figures, but I can pretty well guess.
Get back to me when you actually HAVE some figures...about anything. Maybe get a count of how many times the words "New Mexico" have appeared in national media versus before Bill was elected. Now that would be interesting. He has a PR function for the state and does it quite well.

As for his administration, there has been a lot of questionable goings on.
Waiting to hear them.....a short list will do. I googled up the drunk driving stuff in under a minute and devoted another 5 minutes to cut n paste. Surely you have that much time.

With all that, I will add, of all the candidates on the democratic side, running for President he was probably the most qualified.
On paper he's also far more qualified than the guy you voted for in 2000 and 2004, but who's counting??
How does this thin gruel rise to the level of "sleazebag"?

Nita
A number of posts in this thread have slammed Richardson in a big way...so I'm not picking on you, Nita. I posed a request for facts backing up the slime to all who made them, and you're the only one so far who's had enough courage to try and answer. We disagree, but I appreciate your response in any case.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,179,752 times
I'm sorry, I screwed up the point by point thing so it looks like Nita's quoted post includes my responses. I guess I dont know how to do that correctly. My apologies for making it hard to read properly.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,712,825 times
Default One final plea

Mod message:

Folks........

My DM inbox is being overflowed here with complaints about this thread...from lefties, conservatives, and moderates all the like!

PLEASE...I am begging you...stay a) cordial, b) civil, and c) ON-TRACK AS IT RELATES TO NEW MEXICO ONLY.

Otherwise I have no choice but to shut the thread down. (And for those of you that bellow that mods do this too willy-nilly, you have no idea how many of you actually complain about threads like these via DM putting me in the very uneviable position as referee).

Thanks so VERY MUCH for your cooperation!!

Folks, you live in New Mexico for God's sake...the rightful Sunshine State!! Home of vistas, sunsets and sunrises, and beautiful mountains and climates galore!!! Be happier towards one another.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Mod message:

Folks........

My DM inbox is being overflowed here with complaints about this thread...from lefties, conservatives, and moderates all the like!

PLEASE...I am begging you...stay a) cordial, b) civil, and c) ON-TRACK AS IT RELATES TO NEW MEXICO ONLY.

Otherwise I have no choice but to shut the thread down. (And for those of you that bellow that mods do this too willy-nilly, you have no idea how many of you actually complain about threads like these via DM putting me in the very uneviable position as referee).

Thanks so VERY MUCH for your cooperation!!

Folks, you live in New Mexico for God's sake...the rightful Sunshine State!! Home of vistas, sunsets and sunrises, and beautiful mountains and climates galore!!! Be happier towards one another.
Keep doing a GREAT job EnjoyEP as you rock dude .

Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
During the last Presidential campaign I met Gov. Richardson a couple of time. I was very favorably impressed. Maybe he will still be governor when I move to NM.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:03 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,997,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Keep doing a GREAT job EnjoyEP...
2nd that. My first time giving rep points for a mod warning.

Last edited by Merlander; 01-07-2009 at 07:14 AM..

Old 01-07-2009, 07:16 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
During the last Presidential campaign I met Gov. Richardson a couple of time. I was very favorably impressed. Maybe he will still be governor when I move to NM.

If you move before the end of 2010 he will, he can't run after that.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I was born shortly after the Korean War (well 1956), and yes, I question whether either conflict had much impact on our national defense. The Vietnam War sure was good for business, though; although I seem to recall massive inflation.

Me too! It was a very good year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico