Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:43 PM

7,394 posts, read 19,275,550 times

Advertisements

Talk about the tattoo/s you have.

I have one about 2 inches of the sun/moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 10:01 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,731,889 times
Default Ever try to take a picture of your arm?

T'aint easy.

A (semi) reformed biker I knew back in Virginia did this for me as I sat on my
rear porch. It's a bit rugged, but I like folk art so what the heck...

Actually I'm thinking of getting it touched up. Any suggestions?

Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 PM

622 posts, read 1,717,660 times
I could never get a tatoo. I like too many different types of things, and I change my mind too quickly. Henna is the perfect solution. About the time I'm tired of it, and want something different, it goes away! lol

Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,232,716 times
Too early for arm-picture taking ala Mike H. I can tell ya it's on my left arm, upper portion and it's a strand of beads with a lone feather hanging down. It circles my arm, 'cept for the imaweenie part that's really tender. Got it in my kitchen years ago from a not reformed biker. :-)

Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 AM

464 posts, read 1,153,129 times
None for me folks. But I do admire some, and I've actually gone up to strangers and told them (if I like it) that it's nice

I had a gal pal-who catered with me, she had a lovely flower on one whole entire little pinkie. That's it. BUT it faded alot in water and needed to touched-up often, as we did LOTS of dishes too LOL

Tia Dalma

Old 01-06-2009, 08:11 AM

717 posts, read 1,949,178 times
I have eight...at last count. Another coming to decorate my newest surgery on my hand. My big tribals are on my back (upper and lower) my kid's names are on my ankles and I've tribals on both shoulders.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 AM

713 posts, read 1,839,231 times
I think large tattoos, especially on certain parts of the body, are crazy. Have you ever seen an older person with a large tattoo in an area that has now sagged? It is disgusting.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM

717 posts, read 1,949,178 times
Unfortunately, arm tats, exposed to the elements, esp. sun, as they are, do not preserve well on average. Sun is the great enemy of skin art as any tattooist worth his/her ink will tell you. Also, you cannot work FROM DARK TO LIGHT but only from LIGHT TO DARK. Once the ink perfuses into surrounding cells it's there to stay. That is why I do not recommend complex and intricate designs on clients where the artwork will be exposed to regular sunlight. Tats degrade fast under the sun's radiation.

Removal of a tat by various means, esp. laser, is of limited efficacy. Multiple "burns" are required to fade a tat and even after several applications of the treatment a "ghost" of the original image usually remains. You still see the phantom remains of "Billy Bob" on the gorgeous arm of Angelina Jolie, for instance. Tats really are for keeps, so don't get one unless you are sure about its consequences.

As for the "degrading" example above, I'd recommend tightening the edge line work and filling in between the "chains" with black or dark blue pigment. I'd enhance the outer edges with some bold filigree but avoid excessive fine detail as these features will inevitably be lost over time and with exposure. MAYBE SOME ENHANCING SHADING/SHADOWING WOULD HELP. Good luck with this tat Mike. SHOW YOUR COLORS!!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,731,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
As for the "degrading" example above, I'd recommend tightening the edge line work and filling in between the "chains" with black or dark blue pigment. I'd enhance the outer edges with some bold filigree but avoid excessive fine detail as these features will inevitably be lost over time and with exposure. MAYBE SOME ENHANCING SHADING/SHADOWING WOULD HELP. Good luck with this tat Mike. SHOW YOUR COLORS!!!!!
Hi, Drac;

That's very much in line with what I'm thinking of having done. I'm also thinking
of having a defined border added above and below a half inch or so clear of the
existing work. I don't want to redo or replace it as such, I want to enhance it.

My wife thinks it's cool so there ya go...

Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,500,813 times
I have too many unintentional scars and I don't like pain, so I have skipped being tattooed. But my son is a good tattoo artist. Actually he is a 'body piercer' by profession on the east coast.

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico