Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM

390 posts, read 949,714 times

Advertisements

How well I remember! The boiler on the heating unit decided to die and we used the old cast iron fireplace for heat. Must say it did a beautiful job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 03:43 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,042,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Thread Merged.
I can't rep you, but thanks for that. I think it makes sense to keep it in one place.

One thing I'll note is that if we experience a lot drier weather, it won't happen
in a vacuum. Arizona and Nevada and California will be drier. More importantly,
Colorado will be drier and Colorado supplies most of the water in the Colorado River.

Albuquerque gets some water from a tributary of the Colorado - the San Juan.

For the purposes of water rights, the San Juan is part of the Colorado and our right
to draw from it is junior to all those other states mentioned. It could "dry-up"
so-to-speak ( partially or wholly ), so kiss your bluegrass lawn and a lot of trees goodbye.

There won't be any effect on our ability to drink, cook, take
a bath, etc. ( but it may get more expensive thank goodness ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico