Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 PM

717 posts, read 1,950,767 times

Advertisements

My dear friend Fazoo has died tonight. Fazoo was a truly heroic cat who was so beautiful and fierce. His gold eyes glowing with witch fire in the dark and his magnificent pure white long haired coat he kept impeccable. He feared nothing and terrorized even my pit bull dog! He would brook no canine incursions into his turf. He wanted to share me with no one or nothing. He loved me. It was/is mutual.

Fazoo slept every night I'd let him on my chest or in the crook of my arm, purring contentedly away. At night he would launch himself about the room making impossible leaps that only cats in high prime can accomplish. I marveled at his athleticism and admired his beautific, feline nobility. He seemed so much like a miniature lion, or a white tiger. He would always greet me when I returned after having beed away. He would cry loudly to gain my attention upstairs if he heard my voice. Fazoo was very special indeed.

Only three hours ago he was beside me, as he always is, watching me laboriously peck one handedly at these keys...his uncanny metallic gold eyes watching my fingers and occasionally fixing his intense gaze upon my face. I roughly pushed him away tonight as he had a knack for unplugging my surge suppressor. He protested unusually loudly this evening and went into our spare basement bedroom, where we often spent the night. He died alone in there beside a suitcase filled with my graphic artwork and lithographs. One paw forever raised as if in salute, his beautiful eyes closed now forever. Cats are always seemingly half in this corporeal world and half in some other realm or plane of existence. Fazoo the Great...Kibbles...Simba...all his names...was especially serene and mystical.

He was my dear friend, more of a selfless, devoted pal to me than 99% of all the humans I've ever known. His loss takes another divat out of my wayward soul. He was only perhaps 7 years old at most, in his high prime, and the most spectacular huge white cat you could ever hope to see. I had intended to give him more freedom in New Mexico, on our land. I expected him to outlive me actually.

Now my loyal and matchless feline friend is gone from me; but not from my heart. He will speak to me no more and I shall miss his strong voice. I will miss his muscular weight on my chest at night and his full tilt romps throughout the basement where he resided of late. Often he would launch himselffrom my chest to a window sill planter I made, waking me but amusing me as well. He loved only me in my family and seemed to merely tolerate everyone else. He had some affection for my boys I suppose, but I was his unworthy king. He was ever at my side, on my shoulder or on my chest. His loss is vast for me. He was my avatar in many ways. I was his whole world.

I have wept for my friend tonight and expect to weep more. I'll bury him in front of my house tomorrow with the help of my strong sons. In the Spring I'll plant some beautiful tree above him and he shall live on...just as I've planted trees over all my animal friends over 30+ years and in two states. I love that grand cat who through the agencies of fate came to injure my hand so badly. He was no more at fault for this than a loaded gun is at fault when a careless person manipulates it and gets shot in the process. He hurt me by reflex action and forever changed me. But he never knew he had so grievously wounded me. He loved me until the very hour he disappeared into my basement bedroom. I only wish I had been there...a mere twenty feet from where I now sit...to stroke him and see him off to the land of the Gods, where the souls of all cats are one day called.

Goodbye my dear friend and Godspeed to the side of Osiris or Horus or Anubis or Sekhmet. I will never forget you.

Last edited by dracul; 01-12-2009 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: hard to type with tears in your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,017,393 times
So sorry for your loss. When a pet dies it is really a family member. Hard to take, but you know that he is in your heart forever.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:39 PM

312 posts, read 1,015,532 times
Default Words

I rarely do read every sentence in a long post, like yours, howver I did.

Your words lean me towards mourning your friend.

Smile and remember your time with him God knew what he was doing when he made Dogs and Cats

Old 01-12-2009, 11:40 PM

464 posts, read 1,154,145 times
Oh Drac, I'm So sorry for your loss of Faz. It seems sometimes, the loss of a pet friend is hardest due to them not being able to 'speak'. There no, I'm sick, or feel out of sorts. They sometimes go quietly without a clue to us. But he went, in the warm home where his family was nearby, a family who loved and adored him. You will forever cherish his memory.
My deepest condolences my Friend.

Tia Dalma

Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,590,047 times
Eloquently stated. My sincere condolences. GregW

Old 01-13-2009, 06:44 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,237,338 times
Beautiful, Drac. Simply beautiful. It sounds as if you and Fazoo had one amazing relationship, one wonderful life together. We should all be so lucky. Godspeed, Fazoo.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,270,221 times
your description of life with your friend makes me feel like I can see him right now. My heart goes out to you for your loss.

god Bless,

Nita

Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 AM

717 posts, read 1,950,767 times
I've decided to box my friend up, blanketed in my best shirt, take him with us to New Mexico tomorrow. I'll bring a heavy "O'o" bar and shovel so that I can place him on our land. It will be awkward for me and difficult, one handed and all, but I want him to be where I want to be. He is my true friend and I don't have many of those. Can't type any more. Gotta get Fazoo ready.

Thank you for your kind words. Be back in about a week I suppose. Bye.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:40 AM

9,346 posts, read 20,699,378 times
What happened to Fazoo? It sounds like he died of natural causes?

In any event, I totally understand, empathize, and relate to this story. I have a 10 year old cat with diabetes, and I fear she is developing arthritis as well. We all know what we are getting into when we decide to acquire one of these animals. They become members of our families, and inevitably, the finality of their lives comes down the pike to confront us. As George Carlin once said: "You are purchasing a small tragedy".

My thoughts are with you during this terrible time, Dracul.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:14 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,590,047 times
Sometimes the tragedy is not so small, Mike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: