Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,949 times

Advertisements

Don't move to Deming? It's the biggest dustbowl in the southwest and cold in the winter as well!!! It's a truck stop town with nothing appealing at all. I recommend about an hour northish to the Grant County area. Silver City area. Never too hot in the summer and no Dust Storms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 11:05 AM

7 posts, read 29,998 times
Default Deming Ranchettes owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick415 View Post
luvingdeming, how long have you lived in deming? do you live in the town or on the outskirts? I have some land outside of town on whats called deming ranchettes. its several miles southwest of the town.......I know most of that land is undeveloped and I'll be living in the middle of nowhere if I decide to move out there........ do you know anything about the developement of those ranchettes ? I'm hoping I can make a trip out there soon and look around. thanks for your info.....
Hello ,
I am also a foreign owner of a parcel at Deming Ranchettes and perhaps I will sell it...

Old 01-27-2008, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 8,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Yeap we love our Posters with their 1 or 2 posts who come here and rant and rage how they hate us and our state. City Data must really be some good Psychotherapy for these posters as we never see them on here again so i commend City Data for doing what SHRINKS haven't.....
What do you mean hate us.. i lived over 6 years in Deming, not like i just moved to Deming yesterday... hate NM you say???? i have no intentions of leaving NM, just want to get out of Deming, and find a better place in NM. even allot of people that were born here that i know, don't have much good to say about Deming.. i don't see anything in my post that is bashing the whole state of NM or hating on you like you are claiming i did... go back and read it again.. also just about any place you go in the world, even people that were born and raised there, will bash it from time to time, doesn't mean they hate the whole entire state... for instance, i know people that love Arizona to death, but hate places like Phoenix.. see where i'm getting at... another reason i don't come around here much is, i don't spend a whole lot of time on the internet, i go a couple a weeks sometimes off the internet.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:35 AM

3 posts, read 12,448 times
Default El Dorado Estates

We are definitely keeping the land, and definitely moving to NM for retirement - I don't know why people who hate the place clog up this thread....just don't move there. I'm looking to see what is near El DOrado Estates now, just to get a feel for what might be there when we get there. Also, where would I find ordinances about alternative living/solar/cisterns/livestock etc? We keep bees, and I would like to bring them and have goats, chickens, etc..... Also if anyody actually knows anyone that has land in El DOrado Estates....can you get me in touch with them?

Old 04-22-2008, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,860 times
I own land in Deming for over 5 years and live out of town every time I go I wnat to stay. I am looking for more land as I type

Old 04-22-2008, 11:02 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
Manos de Piedra claimed:

> Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3
> Yeap we love our Posters with their 1 or 2 posts who come
> here and rant and rage how they hate us and our state.

> ... i lived over 6 years in Deming, not like i just moved to Deming yesterday...

Your original post said: "I find Deming to be a very dirty run down looking town, i'm hoping to get out of here soon, anybody have any help on better places to live in NM ?"

Next, you went on to say;

> i know people that love Arizona to death, but hate places like Phoenix ...

Yeah, but did they live in Phoenix for six years despite hating the place?

Living six years in Deming, you didn't once get out and explore?

How can you live in a place for six years and hate it? I've lived in places I didn't really care for, but never got to the point of hating the place. I can't imagine staying in those places for six years.

How can you **not** get out and see some other stuff? Were you in prison?

> ... don't have much good to say about Deming.

I have one thing to say that's good: Florida Mountains! Luna Rossa Winery!
Blue Teal Vineyards! St. Clair Winery! Walking Tour of Deming (http://www.cityofdeming.org/walkingtour.html - broken link)

Old 04-23-2008, 04:32 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Manos de Piedra claimed:

> Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3
> Yeap we love our Posters with their 1 or 2 posts who come
> here and rant and rage how they hate us and our state.
Did you notice the number of postings next to that posters name...lol...lol...lol...

Old 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
6/3 asked (like stuff like that *ever* gets by me):

> Did you notice the number of postings next to that posters name ?

Sure, but as you saw, there were many many other things that I noticed.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
What do you mean hate us.. i lived over 6 years in Deming, not like i just moved to Deming yesterday... hate NM you say???? i have no intentions of leaving NM, just want to get out of Deming, and find a better place in NM. even allot of people that were born here that i know, don't have much good to say about Deming.. i don't see anything in my post that is bashing the whole state of NM or hating on you like you are claiming i did... go back and read it again.. also just about any place you go in the world, even people that were born and raised there, will bash it from time to time, doesn't mean they hate the whole entire state... for instance, i know people that love Arizona to death, but hate places like Phoenix.. see where i'm getting at... another reason i don't come around here much is, i don't spend a whole lot of time on the internet, i go a couple a weeks sometimes off the internet.
I think it's probably good for people considering a move to an area to see both sides, get a variety of opinions. No place on earth will be perfect for all people. It can be about individual tastes and needs.

I think Deming is pretty nice, it's a small town, close enough to the Gila Wilderness and the mountains for easy weekend trips. Some people don't like small towns, they don't like warm climates or they don't like a cool winter. It's not a town for those who like big cities, operas, ballets, it's not one of the artsy-people kind of towns.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:32 AM

3 posts, read 13,764 times
Default Deming, NM

I'm looking for recent info on Deming, NM. My husband and I are in the baby boomer range. He's retired, I'm not. Will be looking for a job. I'm a teacher, but would be open to other occupations. What about about Country Club Estates? Any info? How about relocation- is it easy to assimilate to Deming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico