U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-22-2009, 04:17 PM

2,602 posts, read 521,935 times
Default More Jobs Available

We still have local job openings in Truth or Consequences, these are a few:

Village of Williamsburg is seeking part-time seasonal maintenance worker.

The T or C Housing Authority is seeking a part/full time Self Sufficiency Coordinator.

Morgan Marine located just minutes from T or C near beautiful Elephant Butte Lake State Park is looking for a customer service representative.

Sierra Healthcare is seeking RN's, Ward Clerk, Data Entry, Cook and Kitchen Aides.

To find out how to apply for these positions, please visit The Herald, you will need adobe acrobat reader because the online newspaper and classifieds are in pdf file format.

Home

http://heraldpub.com/classifieds.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-28-2009, 08:35 PM

Default Jobs Available

There are some jobs available in T or C for those who might be thinking of relocating to a quiet sleepy town.

The village of Williamsburg is looking for seasonal maintenance worker.

O' Reilly auto parts is seeking applicants for it's newly built store.

Ikard-Newsom, our local propane gas supplier is seeking a CDL driver, hazmat endorsement with some plumbing experience.

Luchini Electric is looking for Journeyman Electrician.

Browse the Herarld for these job announcements and so much more: Home

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view news and classifieds as they are in pdf file format.

Good Luck in your job hunt!

Unread 04-15-2009, 12:52 PM

Default Jobs

There are some jobs available this week in T or C.
The Municipal Court is seeking a clerk, plus there are hospitality positions available at our local inns and hotels.
To view these jobs, http://heraldpub.com/classifieds.pdf
You'll need adobe acrobat reader to view the classifieds, as they're in pdf format.
Good Luck!

Unread 05-25-2009, 03:33 PM

Default Physicians Wanted! T or C, New Mexico

Are you a physician who wishes to relocate to a quiet and sleepy area? Do you long for solitude, a quiet and deserted place? People are friendly, pretty desert skies, historic mineral baths, lakes, mountains, forests, valleys, big river Rio Grande community?

T or C, a community with 7,500 persons needs physicians to work at the Ben Archer Health Clinic. T or C's Ben Archer center is in need of at least 2 good doctors. Veterans make up about 10% of our population, and Ben Archer Health Care Center in T or C treats 750 vets.

Here are some links for prospective doctors, one of which has an online application process. Apply now, we need you!

Ben Archer Health Centers

If prospective physicians are wondering about real estate for buying a home, the following link is for our local newspaper, and there is a link for the classified ads, where you'll be able to browse some local real estate listings.
http://heraldpub.com/

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 05-25-2009 at 04:00 PM..

Unread 05-27-2009, 04:56 AM

271 posts, read 744,179 times
When I first moved to Sierra country a few years ago I was informed that
the Ben Archer clinic was possibly going to lose it's contract with the VA
to service vets. Now once again I keep hearing vets telling how upset they
are that the Ben Archer is really short of qualified doctors and can't seem
to attract good doctors to this lovely city. I was also told that Ben Archer
serves about 700 to 750 vets and if enough negative critisisim is reported
to the VA hospital in Albuquerque they might soon be in danger once again
of losing their contract and vets would have to go to Las Cruces or El Paso.
I hope this does not happen. Has any other vets in the sierra county
heard anything about this?

Unread 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer View Post
When I first moved to Sierra country a few years ago I was informed that
the Ben Archer clinic was possibly going to lose it's contract with the VA
to service vets. Now once again I keep hearing vets telling how upset they
are that the Ben Archer is really short of qualified doctors and can't seem
to attract good doctors to this lovely city. I was also told that Ben Archer
serves about 700 to 750 vets and if enough negative critisisim is reported
to the VA hospital in Albuquerque they might soon be in danger once again
of losing their contract and vets would have to go to Las Cruces or El Paso.
I hope this does not happen. Has any other vets in the sierra county
heard anything about this?
Designer, right on. my first hand experiences with ben archer va doctors is not something I would brag about even being borderline quacks, your statements are o so true. we did have a visiting physician, Dr. Murphy, retired air force crew member of B-52 and KC-135's, he was from deming. I saw him a total of 3 visits, ( he listens to his patients) great doctor! he doesn't come here anymore because of the driving distance. when I tried to get va to let me go to deming for visits, I was pleasingly denied!

I doubt the VA office in duke city would ever decide not to have doctors here to treat the vets, that would mean disaster for many who can't drive 160 or 110 miles for office visits, many are incapable, like myself of driving it round trip in one day, it's just too much.

I made this post in hopes of attracting someone's attention to our critical needs, we do have a health care crisis here in T or C, doctors are backlogged at least 30 days. The VA in duke city will not allow vets to go to el paso, as I've asked about that option before too.

Ben Archer presently has 2 M.D.'s, one of which will be too soon if I ever meet or have to receive care from her again. Yes, I have complained. Action? none. this doctor even prescribed the wrong strength (mg) medicine for me.

I don't think the va likes complainers or whiners, we vets must buck up and lump mediocre care.

I once wrote the va in washington, and told them that if they spent one tenth of the money they have at the va hospital in great lakes (naval training center) they could have better medical care for our vets in T or C. My letter was never answered back. I suppose to receive a reply back, I must have to be at least a retired brigadier general.

Unread 05-27-2009, 07:47 PM

3,460 posts, read 3,125,291 times
Well.... In Espanola there are tons of places that are hiring.. Espanola is probably one of the few cities in New Mexico not struggling in these rough times when it comes to jobs.. as I drove threw my hometown I must have seen about 12 businesses with "Now Hiring" signs..

Unread 05-28-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well.... In Espanola there are tons of places that are hiring.. Espanola is probably one of the few cities in New Mexico not struggling in these rough times when it comes to jobs.. as I drove threw my hometown I must have seen about 12 businesses with "Now Hiring" signs..

Unread 05-28-2009, 06:14 AM

469 posts, read 602,366 times
Good post thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico